From China with Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: From China with Love

Nice Jerry! Now two out of three major accidents in 2015 for ED members have found direct replacements in a short period of time. George, any interest interest in another W8?

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
      Nice Jerry! Now two out of three major accidents in 2015 for ED members have found direct replacements in a short period of time. George, any interest interest in another W8?
      There was a w8 passat at picknpull yesterday :0 some crazy russians were pulling the motor.
      Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
      ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
      PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

No, for the simple fact that I'll never find one even close to as clean as ours, and without the typical engine problems that a lot of them had.
        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
          There was a w8 passat at picknpull yesterday :0 some crazy russians were pulling the motor.
          Which color?
          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Geobmx4life View Post
            Which color?
            It wais beige or something. Im assuming it had engine problems, the body was mint
            Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
            ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
            PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
              It wais beige or something. Im assuming it had engine problems, the body was mint
              Oh whew....good, because I haven't settled with insurance yet and I've heard horror stories of the cars being sold without the owner being given the buy back option!

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                Is the 3.2 going to find its way into this car?
                Thanks everyone! 3.2 lsd oettinger wilwood.And all the good stuff from her older sister!
                Last edited by kujiwara; 02-23-2015, 12:50 PM.
                Current Fleet
                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

SHAWEET Kuji, happy its only a speed bump in your original plans!!!

Comment

Nice score!
                    12 Volvo XC 90
                    03 Jetta1.8T
                    95 Cabrio VRT
                    90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                      Thanks everyone! 3.2 lsd oettinger wilwood.And all the good stuff from her older sister!
                      Wicked. Look forward to the transformation!
                      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

You will not regret going with the Wilwoods. Super light setup with amazing clamping force. Great rotors with tones of reasonably priced pads. I run three different sets that take two min to swap out but the race only compounds are great and quiet for the street. I wonder why more VAGs don`t run them?

I have a set of safety wire twisting pliers you can borrow when you get to the install.
                        Last edited by bobkatkat; 02-23-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I wonder why more VAGs don`t run them?
                          Don't the dust seals need replaced every year or two? Or is that AP?
                          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                          Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                          Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

You will not regret going with the Wilwoods. Super light setup with amazing clamping force. Great rotors with tones of reasonably priced pads. I run three different sets that take two min to swap out but the race only compounds are great and quiet for the street. I wonder why more VAGs don`t run them?

I have a set of safety wire twisting pliers you can borrow when you get to the install.
                            Thanks Bob! Now maybe, maybe next time when I park beside your s4 my jetta will get a little more attention from the crowd lolol
                            Current Fleet
                            2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                              Don't the dust seals need replaced every year or two? Or is that AP?
                              Most versions of Wilwoods do not have dust boots. The tolerances are very tight and designed to run at very high temperatures. I guess the thinking is that dust boots turn to a gooey mess or turn hard and brittle when exposed to the temperatures of driving events/track events. I have not had an issue with the lack of dust boot letting anything in. Even being submerged in salt lake water and pure salt down south and there is no issue.

Thanks Bob! Now maybe, maybe next time when I park beside your s4 my jetta will get a little more attention from the crowd lolol
                              What version of the wilwoods are you going with? Do the rotor assembly early as the wiring is fiddly work and takes a while.

Comment

Most versions of Wilwoods do not have dust boots. The tolerances are very tight and designed to run at very high temperatures. I guess the thinking is that dust boots turn to a gooey mess or turn hard and brittle when exposed to the temperatures of driving events/track events. I have not had an issue with the lack of dust boot letting anything in. Even being submerged in salt lake water and pure salt down south and there is no issue.

What version of the wilwoods are you going with? Do the rotor assembly early as the wiring is fiddly work and takes a while.
                                I have the 140-8276D kit, forged billet dynapro 4 piston and two piece rotors.
                                Current Fleet
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X