And we're back .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And were back .

Damn Chris, you dont f*ck around! This thing gonna be ready for the April meet??? Lol
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

some of it . tires are tough to get right now
      sigpic

Comment

Wow this car is gonna be insane!! I can't wait to see it all done
        ~Tracy~
        MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
        Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

That's a lot of money to spend in 1 sitting haha.

Like all your choices but i would have gone e-level

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
            That's a lot of money to spend in 1 sitting haha.

Like all your choices but i would have gone e-level
            Ditto.
            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Awesome Chris! Can't wait to see it all completed
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                Ditto.
                x3

Comment

FYI, bag riders has a sale on full elevel kits right now untill the end of the month. None the less the car is gonna look awesome!

Comment

you guys are funny . You think e level is better ? been proven that v2 is more accurate at setting the same height every time and has no level sensors to plum .Cost at this level of air ride is a moot point
                    sigpic

Comment

the system will not auto-correct for additional weight. This is where a height based auto-leveling system has the advantage. My input on the matter is, that they've given you 8 presets, and you can easily use one (or more) presets for additional weight/passengers/load. With eight presets, you can pretty much have a preset for everything. and with me the less things to fail the better . So the self contained unit of the v2 is the clear choice for long term . A friend of mine ran the e level system and found he was still running into adjusting it regularly ,
                      sigpic

Comment

If he was adjusting it regularly he must not have installed it properly. E-level is by far the best system I have used and I have had manual paddles, switchboxes with valves, autopilot and e-level.

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                          you guys are funny . You think e level is better ? been proven that v2 is more accurate at setting the same height every time and has no level sensors to plum .Cost at this level of air ride is a moot point
                          100% e-level is better.
                          V2 has several inaccuracies even getting to the same pressure every time. Think about what happens if the temperature were to change, for example it may be 5C in the mornings and 30C in the afternoons, your ride height will vary in the magnitude of inches between temperatures, let alone the variations that can be programmed into the V2 software are either far too accurate (will lead to a never ending cycle and will never reach its set point) or it will be off by 5psi in either direction.
                          E-level is by far the best system if you want to consistently keep your wheels a certain distance away from your fenders. Hands down. No questions asked (even though if you ask questions we can answer them)

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                          the system will not auto-correct for additional weight. This is where a height based auto-leveling system has the advantage. My input on the matter is, that they've given you 8 presets, and you can easily use one (or more) presets for additional weight/passengers/load. With eight presets, you can pretty much have a preset for everything. and with me the less things to fail the better . So the self contained unit of the v2 is the clear choice for long term . A friend of mine ran the e level system and found he was still running into adjusting it regularly ,
                          What about switching between programs on the fly? I know wayyyy too many people with V2 that if they want to go from say 25" ftg to 23.5" ftg it AIRS THE SYSTEM OUT COMPLETELY before inflating the bags, resulting in burnt fenders, wheel sidewalls being slammed against, etc. Yes the 8 programs are nice, but do you really want to adjust and remember them for scenario's like 1 driver in the car, driver + passenger, driver plus 100kg load in the back, driver + passenger + 100kg load in the back, etc? Seems like a waste of programmable points to me, and what if you want a super low cruising setting and super high, you can't program all those into a controller with 8 setpoints with all the various loading conditions you can have...If you are going to have wheels that are wide, stretched tires, and the possibility of poking out a little bit, i would most certainly not trust the V2 system at all.

Just my honest opinions after spending thousands of hours in the airride technical forums on vortex.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the pics of this car, I miss my MK6!!!
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i have been running v1 in a car here in red deer for almost 100,000kms and no failures in any sensors , i change the height sensors in bmws all the time(and range rovers and one audi q7) . i will take the simple system guys .For the same reason i dont have a sunroof.......... less stuff to break .
                              sigpic

Comment

INSPERATION
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X