MrX's VW Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrX's VW Journey

Just thought I'd drop in to officially introduce myself. My name is Xavier and I recently moved back to Calgary from Chicago. I got into my first Volkswagen back in '07 and just really enjoy this community of people who are usually down to earth and willing to lend a helping hand.

My first VW was a mkv GTI. I did some basic mods to make it fun to drive and nice to look at. It had a Revo stg 2 tune, raceland/koni/fk coilovers, and a few different sets if wheels.

A year or so later I started looking for a winter beater. Almost bought an '83 caddy, but the own had a '79 mk1 that was peeking out of his barn. This was love at first sight and talk about a barn find. 63000 original miles! Again basic mods with suspension and wheels. It was a great weekend car and I never did end up using it for winter

After a year or so of owning the mk1 I thought I'd be brave and get into the aircooled world. A local guy was looking for a mk1 and he had a '71 type2 bus for trade. Well after some negotiating I became the proud owner of this. It's a 1600 single carb bus, lowered on wagenwest parts and running BRM wheels. It's been a lot of fun and I made a nice trek back from Montana to Calgary with her.

Now with a new family and all, the GTI just didn't have the space capacity I needed. So my newest addition to the family is a mk6 golf wagon. It's a TDi, definitely not as fun as the GTi but oh we'll, I'm a grown ass man with a wife and kid in tow now. It's fun to have the torque but I'm not looking to set any land speed records. Yup that's my way if justifying it...lol. The wagon is running FK Silverline X coils and Lorinser RSK2's that I picked up from a forum member. better pics of this one soon.

Well that's it for now. Hope to see some of you at the local meets.
    Last edited by mrx; 05-09-2013, 09:23 PM.

Re: MrX's VW Journey

That's an awesome line of cars. Welcome!
    drive green ||
    2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T - ex old fun car
    2011 Mercedes Benz B200 Turbo - daily getter

Comment

The new wagon is nice man. Saw it parked on the street at CTH. But the mountain green mk1!!!! Hands down best mk1 colour, damn i love early westy's.

You shouldn't have sold it
      2004 Jetta TDI Sport-Daily
      2002 Jetta 1.8T(stg2)-Wifey
      1983 RabbitLS- Dirty Diesel

Comment

That's a nice list of cars, all with some clean mods done! Welcome to the forum (Officially)!!!
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

wicked rides man!! Welcome !
          ***SOLD***-2008 C63 AMG - Tuned(540hp, 495trq), secondary cat delete, highflow filters. Lowered on H&R springs, Verde wheels, carbon goods around

2012 E63 AMG biturbo - 550hp 590trq. Stock....for now

Add me on instagram! dominice63

Dominic Jablonski

Comment

Thanks!

Selling the mk1 was very bitter sweet. I still miss that car a lot. It was a real rare find to get it in that mountain green color and have it being a 5 door. Plus I loved the uniqueness of the early westy front end.

Comment

Welcome, and as the others have sad that is a fantastic history and line-up of cars!!
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Great cars! Welcome!
                ~Tracy~
                MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
                Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

All of your cars looked absolutely awesome.

I saw your car in the lics parking lot in Parkdale a few days ago. Do you live in the area?

Pat

His
                  1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                  1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                  1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                  2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                  Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah I was at Lics doing a last minute ice cream run for the wifey. I live in Varsity.

Comment

Great cars Xavier! Hope to see you out at more events!!
                      --
                      Rod
                      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

First road trip down and loving the mileage I get with the TDI!

For the most part the highways were smooth, but dang those bridge gaps and long dips are not fender and wide wheel friendly. I kept on getting the look of disapproval from the wife everytime fender met tire LOL! Time for a fender rolling session.

Comment

Dialed in the suspension a bit more. Lowered the fronts to get rid of the reverse rake and stiffened up the dampers to get rid of some bounce.

Comment

Awesome history of VW's! The mk1 and Bus looks like they would've been fun to roll around in.
                            Isaac

Instagram:@ipetersphotog
                            Then: 2000 Jetta 2.0L (2005-2012)
                            Now: 2012 Golf TDI

Comment

I picked up a set of Ronal SX over the winter and decided try them on. Kind of liking the black wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X