No announcement yet.

I waited for you all my life........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I waited for you all my life........

looking good tracy! you need more interior goodies haha :P Euro cupholder, dash tray, side cubby

oh and the typical "you need a turbo" comment.

talk to kyle about the um tune, i think he's planning on getting it soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
      looking good tracy! you need more interior goodies haha :P Euro cupholder, dash tray, side cubby

oh and the typical "you need a turbo" comment.

talk to kyle about the um tune, i think he's planning on getting it soon as well.
      Thanks Dan! Ive thought about the Euro cupholder, dash tray, side cubby but honestly don't like any of them. The only one maybe would be the side cubby since my sunglasses are to big for the sunglass holder by my sunroof.

Turbo will be one day. We kinda already have a engine build happening in our garage. One at a time

I was thinking of just mailing my ECU over to vND Motorsport in Surrey,BC to get the UM tune. Wish there was someone local who could do UM Tunes. Just need some cash first lol.
      Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 04-08-2015, 09:52 AM.
      ~Tracy~
      MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
      Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Originally posted by VwSweetHeart View Post
        Thanks Dan! Ive thought about the Euro cupholder, dash tray, side cubby but honestly don't like any of them. The only one maybe would be the side cubby since my sunglasses are to big for the sunglass holder by my sunroof.

Turbo will be one day. We kinda already have a engine build happening in our garage. One at a time

I was thinking of just mailing my ECU over to vND Motorsport in Surrey,BC to get the UM tune. Wish there was someone local who could do UM Tunes. Just need some cash first lol.
        ya it would be a pain to have to pull the ecu and be without the car for a few weeks. i think Kyle was either going to do that, or get the tune at VND on the way out to leavenworth.

Comment

Looking great, Tracy!

One thing to note about the UM tune (Danny maybe you can pass this onto Kyle as well) is I would hold off just a bit longer.

I've been emailing UM about their Gen.2 Haldex tune for about a month now and they are currently in the progress of putting together the data and write up and then they'll be ready for release.

I'm trying to get an actual release date so I can be ready to contact the guy in Vancouver to send his tool to Calgary again.

But of course, if you aren't interested in the Haldex tune no need to hold off haha.
          MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Haldex tune? Damn i'm out of touch in the R32 game. Aston, is this haldex tune for stock haldex's as well or just the upgraded controllers?
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
              Haldex tune? Damn i'm out of touch in the R32 game. Aston, is this haldex tune for stock haldex's as well or just the upgraded controllers?
              :P

This UM Haldex tune will flash your stock haldex into an upgraded controller.

Comment

I need it all!!! haha Damn thats going to be expensive!

Currently the UM tune for the MK5 R32 is $799 for the ECU / DSG Combo
                The Haldex tune for a MK4 R32 goes for $699 so I'm guessing it will be the same for the MK5
                Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 04-08-2015, 10:54 AM.
                ~Tracy~
                Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

The Haldex tune for a MK4 R32 goes for $699 so I'm guessing it will be the same for the MK5
                  I'm guessing it'll be the same as well.

But who knows, you might be able to bundle all 3 for $1398 haha.

Comment

its gonna be worth it. i regret not getting the controller for the r before i sold it.

Comment

So does this mean it would be pointless to buy an upgraded haldex controller? In the MK4 world we called it the blue controller, not sure if its the same for the MK5 world. Or would the tune be even better with a "blue" controller?
                      Patryk
                      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
                      08 VW .:R32
                      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                        So does this mean it would be pointless to buy an upgraded haldex controller? In the MK4 world we called it the blue controller, not sure if its the same for the MK5 world. Or would the tune be even better with a "blue" controller?
                        afaik, this is an alternative to buying a physical controller. i believe this tune is already out for mk4 haldex?

Comment

This is what gains you get on the MK4, assuming the MK5 wont be much different

Full information Here

I only know of a Haldex Gen 2 that you can change currently (Would be the a combo of the blue/orange controls in the mk4 I think)
                          Online Info:

The performance software for Gen 2 has an option where the driver can choose between 3 different parameter settings.

Option 1.
                          As default when no Remote Control is installed the software is fixed in sport mode which will give the car a sportier and more netural handling performance.

Option 2.
                          Installing the remote control the driver will have the ability to choose between 3 different parameter settings.

Standard setting. Standard mode is similar to the original setting in the standard vehicle.
                          This mode is recommended to be used during normal driving.

Sport setting. Sport mode will make the handling more fun and sportier with increased torque
                          transfer to the rear axle during accelerations.

Racing setting. Racing mode will increase the torque transfer to the rear axle even more during
                          accelerations and also react faster depending on how fast the driver pushes the throttle.
                          Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 04-08-2015, 01:57 PM.
                          ~Tracy~
                          Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

I liked the difference the orange controller made on my MK4 R32...made it even more fun in the snow!
                            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Love the seats and other upgrades Tracy, keep it up!!!
                              Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Thanks to Patryk for my new exhausts tips as well. Changed the Borla rolled edge to a Magnaflow slant cut double walled tips instead. Much cleaner and nicer then before. Was a great bday gift!
                                Last edited by VwSweetHeart; 05-11-2015, 09:05 AM.
                                ~Tracy~
                                Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

Working...
                                X