Rs4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rs4...

Once it is clipped into place and the length set, sometimes they can't be changed again. So when it was installed in the incorrect spot the length got set, now in a different spot the length is incorrect and giving wonky readings.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

That may be true then. I put it in the wrong one the first time. It’s weird they don’t look the same but are they the same??

Comment

Put the new switch back in and epc is back on. So you must be right. I don’t understand how it’s decided how to set its “range” I guess.

Comment

It's hard to explain but it is really simple, I've had some that were able to reset and work but I've had some that wouldn't.
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Thanks a lot. Looking like I’ll have to order in a new one.

Getting great fuel mileage this tank at 400km and still says I have a 100km to go. Realisticly I’d be able to get 50km more probably. I changed the air filter only, I drive deer foot a lot though.

Comment

Danno, I was reading your thread and wanted to know how you went about taking the clear bra off your car. I picked up an a4 with a clear bra on it and it looks awful.

Did you use goo gone + heat gun, perhaps the automotive goo gone for better results as suggested?

Thanks!
              Ricardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Automotive goo gone did nothing. I used a heat gun and gas, once I was done with the heat gun. It was a painful process but the outcome was good. I cleaned the car really well once it was done as well.

Comment

Gas as in gasoline? I’m hesitant about using gas. I would think gas would wreck/stain your paint.

Comment

Ya I was hesitant but it turned out ok. Apparently it’s what people use and it works. Goo gone did nothing so don’t waste your time. Spend some time on YouTube looking at how to peel it off or go to a shop and they will peel it off.

Comment

So, I spent sometime on YouTube like you suggested and came across a product made by 3M called Specialty Adhesive Remover. It works wonders! Spray this stuff on, let it soak for about 2 minutes then scrape it off.

I bought one can to see what it did, but I am anticipating to have to use more. I figured I’d share the results in case anybody else wants to do this by themselves without having to use gas on their paint.

Comment

That’s great, luckily I didn’t damage anything with the gas. Wish I had come across this anyway.

Comment

Need more pics of your RS4 please!!!!!
                          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Just enjoying driving it right now. This weekend I’m finally not working so Ill spend some time on both cars cleaning, waxing, switching tires, doing brakes. New head unit is here just waiting on the harness and backup camera.

Hopefully I’ll get some pics up after.
                            Hey Derek what coilovers did you go with previously?? I think they are going to be in my future the back looks to be sitting a little low.

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend! I had KW V3's on my old car. Will probably do again but they are expensive and maybe a little overkill for what I use the car for. I'm getting my DRC checked out on Friday when I get my Airbag recall done to see if it is in good shape still. If so, I might just go the KW HAS route. A friend of mine has that set up on his RS4 and is very happy with it!
                              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

My drc appears to be ok, the back is riding a little low IMO. Brakes are done thanks to a quick stop to CAW for some new pins.

Head unit is next on the agenda of course I forgot to order part of my harness so I think I will just splice it. The harness cost almost as much as the head unit.

Car is looking good now, I had left a little 3m on but I took it off. I still have a bit on but it’s in a good spot. Waxed and resdy to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X