Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2002 Jetta 1.8T

Originally posted by C-town Driver
    For everything your VW could ever need...
    EU Tuning

How I roll .........

Exterior:
    - Oettinger 3/4 front bumper, sideskirts, rear valence, grill
    - Euro rub strip
    - Reiger rear window spoiler
    - Zender rear deck lid spoiler
    - MMP smoked ecode headlights w/foglights
    - Hella smoked tailights
    - 35% tint all around
    - Phillips Silver Vision chrome signal bulbs
    - ECS Tuning rear fog light
    - European badging
    - Stubby Antenna

Interior:
    - Landspeed brushed aluminum center console trim
    - Landspeed brushed aluminum defroster rings
    - Color matched aluminum defroster grill
    - Audi TT pedal set
    - Bora Sport Edition shifter
    - W8 overhead lighting console
    - Gucci trim
    - Euroswitch
    - Phatnoise funk in the trunk

Rolling Hardware:
    - 19" x 8" Ace Allures w/ Toyo FZ4 tires
    - New Wheels 19"x 8.5" Axis Milanos/ Toyo T1S tires
    - H&R Cupkit
    - Neuspeed 25mm front sway bar
    - Neuspeed 28mm rear sway bar
    - Autotech upper strut bar
    - Brembo front/rear cross-drilled rotors
    - Mintex brake pads

Engine/ Exhaust:
    - AEM cold air intake
    - Remus exhaust
    - Painted engine covers and battery box

Links to additional pictures....
    Bora Base UK

Parts 4 VW's

VW Vortex

Germansquad.com

One of my fav pics

Absolutely AWESOME dude!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Golf is life...the rest is detail!!!

Comment

I just have to know... how did you manage to take the 6th pic down???? its amazing man good job

Comment

Originally posted by Daelen Nekuda
        I just have to know... how did you manage to take the 6th pic down???? its amazing man good job
        Thanks It was pretty basic actually, You've probably seen alot of people on Vortex and such taking these kind of shots. Here's a link to a tutorial (not by me) that basically explains the technique. Only difference with my shot was that the tripod was set up on the back of the car instead ofthe front...

Motion Blur Tutorial

Last edited by Derick; 02-05-2005, 12:33 AM.
        Derick

Comment

dude, your jetta is the hottest......i have a white 2000 jetta and i am very intrested in the Axis Milanos...i see you r running 19"x 8.5" Axis Milanos/ Toyo T1S tires...but can you help me with some info about the offset, our lug pattern (5x100?) and also did you have to purchase any spacers or anything, oh and your tire size? 235/35/19 ?.....how do the 19's ride?......i am getting 6k back from uncle sam, so i am getting ready to spend spend spend!!

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoseJetta
            dude, your jetta is the hottest......i have a white 2000 jetta and i am very intrested in the Axis Milanos...i see you r running 19"x 8.5" Axis Milanos/ Toyo T1S tires...but can you help me with some info about the offset, our lug pattern (5x100?) and also did you have to purchase any spacers or anything, oh and your tire size? 235/35/19 ?.....how do the 19's ride?......i am getting 6k back from uncle sam, so i am getting ready to spend spend spend!!

PEACE
            Thanks SanJose I think you got all the specs right - 5x100 and 235/35/19. Pretty sure the offset is 35et but you can confirm that through Axis to make sure. I didn't need to put spacers in. They fit like a glove and no rubbing either The Toyos have a slightly more rounded shoulder profile than some other makes of tires, so I think that helps a little in the rubbing department.

The ride quality on 19's is pretty good (very similar to 18's in terms of bumps and jarring) I've found that a 19x8.5 will feel very close to an 18x8 in terms of comfort. While I lived in Calgary, I had no complaints about the harshness. Calgary, Canada actually has really smooth roads (at least when their not cluttered with construction and winter debris ) Here in SoCal, the harshness tends to be more pronounced sometimes. Especially in North Hollywood where I live, it's pothole city! (I swear, if the city put as much money into infrastructure as it did attracting theatres and coffee shops, all would be good )

As long as you're willing to sacrafice a little ride comfort you should be fine. So take Uncle Sams money and go nutz
            Derick

Comment

Thanks SanJose I think you got all the specs right - 5x100 and 235/35/19. Pretty sure the offset is 35et but you can confirm that through Axis to make sure. I didn't need to put spacers in. They fit like a glove and no rubbing either The Toyos have a slightly more rounded shoulder profile than some other makes of tires, so I think that helps a little in the rubbing department.

The ride quality on 19's is pretty good (very similar to 18's in terms of bumps and jarring) I've found that a 19x8.5 will feel very close to an 18x8 in terms of comfort. While I lived in Calgary, I had no complaints about the harshness. Calgary, Canada actually has really smooth roads (at least when their not cluttered with construction and winter debris ) Here in SoCal, the harshness tends to be more pronounced sometimes. Especially in North Hollywood where I live, it's pothole city! (I swear, if the city put as much money into infrastructure as it did attracting theatres and coffee shops, all would be good )

As long as you're willing to sacrafice a little ride comfort you should be fine. So take Uncle Sams money and go nutz
              hey c-town , thanks for the qwick reply.... i found wheels and tires $1899 shipped from www.spyeng.com have you heard about them , or dealed with them?.......looking for h&r cup kit or equal too...but i don't know too many shops around here san jose area....whats a reasonable amont for cup kit plus install?
              PEACE

Comment

please PM him with all the questions instead of bomb barding his personal thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  please PM him with all the questions instead of bomb barding his personal thread
                  Dang Ryan, you're taking your new mod role seriously LOL

SanJose, I just sent you a PM
                  Derick

Comment

I'm a pro photog and i can say that i'd be very happy with those pics. Whoever took those did a good job. I really like the interior aluminum trim . . . even more than carbon fibre i think!

Comment

Originally posted by LaDubDude
                      I'm a pro photog and i can say that i'd be very happy with those pics. Whoever took those did a good job. I really like the interior aluminum trim . . . even more than carbon fibre i think!
                      Thanks man! That's very flattering coming from a pro. I took the pics myself and am a bit of a shutterbug: Nothing fancy or no outrageous equipment....I Just love shooting pics! Cars or anything else!
                      Derick

Comment

Thanks man! That's very flattering coming from a pro. I took the pics myself and am a bit of a shutterbug: Nothing fancy or no outrageous equipment....I Just love shooting pics! Cars or anything else!
                        You don't need fancy equipment when you have good ideas . . . but if sure helps when you don't!!! I'll have to pull something out of my a$$ when the weather turns for the better. Too bad my baby's stock

Comment

westcoast baller!

Comment

Just realized my ride hit 10,000+ views .....a club first maybe?

Here's a few recent pics to commemorate the 10k mark Still reppin' the C-spot and NVD to the fullest

Derick

Comment

OG triple OG

Comment

Nice work Derick, you car is making NVD famous!!!! I should send you down some of the new .com stickers too!!!
                                Blair
                                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                                X