Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

No :( that sucks man, hopefully you get a good replacement for it.

Comment

Damn, that sucks. Know how much you liked her...

Sent from my perch on Mount Olympus
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear that
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by danaldson View Post
          No :( that sucks man, hopefully you get a good replacement for it.
          Originally posted by RodMan View Post
          Damn, that sucks. Know how much you liked her...

Sent from my perch on Mount Olympus
          Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
          Damn, sorry to hear that
          Thanks guys, yea it sucks... Asked about buy back, so will see what that comes up with even if I have to store it at my dads place for awhile or something.

I have a few options for replacement I am going to consider, but for now going to drive our old green monster - 1996 Ram 2500 Cummins with 850k on it. haha
          2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
          2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Sucks to hear man. Hope some kind of good news comes your way in return of the bad news!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Sorry about the car :(
              MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
                Sucks to hear man. Hope some kind of good news comes your way in return of the bad news!
                Yup... but payout was decent so that is ok. Actually payout was about what I paid for the car including importing fee's... so could be worse. Just sucks cause its damn near impossible to find an A3 with a 3.2
                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                  Yup... but payout was decent so that is ok. Actually payout was about what I paid for the car including importing fee's... so could be worse. Just sucks cause its damn near impossible to find an A3 with a 3.2
                  Totally sucks ! Maybe these guys have something that would fit or work!

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/index.html
                  12 Volvo XC 90
                  03 Jetta1.8T
                  95 Cabrio VRT
                  90 G60 Corrado

Colleen at 403-819-0132 or colleen@brayco.ca for all your mortgage needs.

Comment

Wow you're brave for taking that route to whistler in the middle of a winter. Damn brave! Did you like the twisties right before that single lane wooden bridge?
                    Too bad about the car man, good luck and have fun car shopping
                    sigpic
                    Instagram: @ed_kisov

BMW 435i xDrive ///M Performance
                    ex MK6 Golf R RB
                    ex MK6 GTI CSG
                    ex MK4 Jetta 1.8T
                    ex MK3 Jetta CL

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
                      Totally sucks ! Maybe these guys have something that would fit or work!

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/index.html
                      Haha not a bad idea. Getting the payout, once the car is at the salvage yard I will find out what the buy back is.

Originally posted by mrvwguy View Post
                      Wow you're brave for taking that route to whistler in the middle of a winter. Damn brave! Did you like the twisties right before that single lane wooden bridge?
                      Too bad about the car man, good luck and have fun car shopping
                      Haha I took the sea to sky... so not sure we are thinking of the same route? It was fine actually. Most of the drive was, bit of snow and ice. But the car was a champ... right until it died. A blast through the mountains actually.

And for now, until I figure out a replacement I will drive the old green monster.

She's seen a few miles.

Ideally I will get another A3 as I only had this one for a year. There is a really nice Ibis White 3.2 in Montreal a guy isn't selling till fall, but is willing to sell it to me now. But its an Eastern car...
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your car, this is one of my favorite threads here

Good luck on the search for a replacement, are you considering crossing the boarder again?
                        -Mike

Comment

This Sucks Ryan! Especially after you put all the subtle touches on it! Hope you can get those pieces back?

You'll find a worthy replacement. I'd be weary of the eastern salt rockets.
                          -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
                          '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
                            I'm sorry to hear about your car, this is one of my favorite threads here

Good luck on the search for a replacement, are you considering crossing the boarder again?
                            Thanks glad you enjoyed it!! Whatever I get next I'll be sure it's story is well documented as well.

I considered it. But with the dollar sucking and the price difference not being quite as large it just wouldn't be worth it.

Originally posted by stef2.7t View Post
                            This Sucks Ryan! Especially after you put all the subtle touches on it! Hope you can get those pieces back?

You'll find a worthy replacement. I'd be weary of the eastern salt rockets.
                            Thanks man. Working on getting some of the parts back. Actually talking to the president of the Audi club of Western Canada. He lives in Langley and is gonna swing there tomorrow to hopefully peel the parts off put them in the roof box for me as its getting shipped back here.

As for the Montreal car, I'm on the fence. It's the original owner, willing to get any inspections I want, pictures, video walk around etc. He has it fully detailed twice a year and gone over mechanically at least once a year. It's a 2009 with 58k.

So we shall see. He isn't in a rush to sell as he was planning to sell when his new kid was born in the fall.

Sent from my Igloo
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ponto; 01-20-2014, 10:25 PM.
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Also It is a facelift 3.2 which roughly only 50 were sold in Canada. It will depends what he wants for the car too for me to even consider it. If it's ridiculous then of course it's cut on that basis alone.

I'm trying to load two more pictures. But photobucket mobile is being a pain in the ass.

It's all updated inside, white display I beleive. Factory Nav. But no sport seats?! Seems all the facelift A3's in Canada don't have them? Well none I can find anyways.

So for everyone here. Are eastern cars actually that bad for rust? Even if someone is anal about keeping it clean? Curious more than anything. Have people had personal experiences. Or just heard stories.

Sent from my Igloo
                              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Sent from my Igloo
                                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X