Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

I was able to hunt down some SD cards for my '07 A4 at BestBuy. Ended up just getting an ipod adapter that hooked into the back of the RNS-E and dont use the cards at all anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoreboy View Post
      I was able to hunt down some SD cards for my '07 A4 at BestBuy. Ended up just getting an ipod adapter that hooked into the back of the RNS-E and dont use the cards at all anymore.
      Yeaa I am anti-apple. I have never owned an Ipod in my life, just use my Android phone. haha

Best buy had the one 2gb card, was only one left.
      2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
      2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I've got a 2 and a 4g you can have, PM me your addy, I can use sdhc now so I don't mind giving these ones up!

I remember what a pita it was to find them!
        Last edited by theedge111; 02-18-2014, 06:00 PM.
        -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
          I've got a 2 and a 4g you can have, PM me your addy, I can use sdhc now so I don't mind giving these ones up!

I remember what a pita it was to find them!
          Woo sweet deal!! Thanks!
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Haha no problem, I'll leave all the rare U2 on them for you also
            -Mike

Comment

You still can get 2gb SD cards but the 4gb versions will be increasingly hard to find. Try Walmart.ca, Tigerdirect.ca and the Bestbuy.ca.

Comment

Originally posted by theedge111 View Post
                Haha no problem, I'll leave all the rare U2 on them for you also
                Score! haha I need to update my library anyways.

Originally posted by intocco View Post
                You still can get 2gb SD cards but the 4gb versions will be increasingly hard to find. Try Walmart.ca, Tigerdirect.ca and the Bestbuy.ca.
                I noticed! Well with the 2gb card I have now and theedge111's cards I will be set. That's still about what 1200-1600 songs in total between the three cards
                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Get a aux video input adapter and be done with the SD cards. I went with an Apple TV, but with todays technology an Raspberry pi would be a great alternative.

Last edited by RobG; 02-18-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Never heard of it... will look into it in the future. For now I am enjoying the cards, the control and display works as it should.

How do the controls work with the aux input adapter? Can you still use the wheel controls?????
                    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post
                      Get a aux video input adapter and be done with the SD cards. I went with an Apple TV, but with todays technology an Raspberry pi would be a great alternative.

Very Nice! Are you controlling it with the iOS Remote App?

Comment

for future reference if you go the video adapter route check your software version. after 2008-2009 onwards all the maps came with a update that disabled all video inputs i still run 2007 maps, sw200 is the last one which still had video.

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post

Will that work with the newer mmi?

Comment

Originally posted by clover168 View Post
                            Will that work with the newer mmi?
                            Reading > You... Post right above yours. haha

Originally posted by jta430 View Post
                            for future reference if you go the video adapter route check your software version. after 2008-2009 onwards all the maps came with a update that disabled all video inputs i still run 2007 maps, sw200 is the last one which still had video.
                            Last edited by Ponto; 02-18-2014, 08:40 PM.
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                              Reading > You... Post right above yours. haha
                              Oh....

Comment

Originally posted by clover168 View Post
                                Oh....
                                Happens to the best of us.
                                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X