Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

the new mmi not sure,if i put a 2012 disc in my rnse i lose my media player and reverse camera, you can make a disc that has 2012 maps with 200sw but thats way out of my computer skills .

a few guys on the rnse forums have ended up with very expensive paperweights trying this.

Comment

Steering wheels controls were not compatible with any of the Aux video inputs, only audio/video signals are input.

When you put in a newer version Nav disc, it automatically upgrades the firmware on the RNS, you can downgrade it with the vag-com should you decide to get a video adapter.

Most Aux input adapters just use analogue audio/video input, the Apple TV only has HDMI out and requires 110V AC power. Something like a G-Box or Raspberry pi both have analogue audio/video and can be powered from a simple 5V usb car adapter. One of those things where "if I was doing it again...."

Comment

See I am not to concerned with video or anything, I like plain and simple music. And being lazy and using my wheel controls.

Plus I don't like the fact that the Nav is out of date and doesn't have half the roads around the outside of the city haha.
        2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
        2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Yay car parts on the way!!

Waiting sucks though.
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

You could always simply buy one of the ebay clones that looks the same but has all the updated functions and maps.

Comment

Meh I will get the updated map and keep the OEM nav.

Anyways we are past that, got other goodies on the way now.
              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Waiting really sucks.....

Mmm S5 goodness.
                Last edited by Ponto; 02-21-2014, 03:25 PM.
                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

OOooOOOOOOOoooooo!
                  -Stefan- '02 S6 Atlas Grey

'01 A6 2.7T MT --- Sold
                  '95 GTI 2.slo --- Sold

Need Radio Removal Keys, VAG-Com? PM Me

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post

Little frosty from the wash. Needs a good polish. But aside from that it's awesome.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                    The best thing was telling him that his "new" car was actually two cars welded together after I did the inspection... I would have loved to see the look on his face, the previous owner and I were trying so hard not to burst out laughing on the phone... sorry Ryan. After working on that old Dodge pile of crap you deserved it!
                    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                      Waiting really sucks.....

Mmm S5 goodness.
                      Why not a flat bottom wheel? I feel your pain with the sd cards haha, think I will update the headunit and the sub in the future.

What other mods on the way

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                        Why not a flat bottom wheel? I feel your pain with the sd cards haha, think I will update the headunit and the sub in the future.

What other mods on the way
                        Because a flat bottom will run closer to a grand haha. This one I can reuse my air bag and it's a lot cheaper! But still a really nice wheel.

Titanium grill is being shipped as well, my Rs shift knob is going in, paint match the side markers.

March should be getting pss10's and then magnaflow eventually as well.

Originally posted by Dubsport Inc View Post
                        The best thing was telling him that his "new" car was actually two cars welded together after I did the inspection... I would have loved to see the look on his face, the previous owner and I were trying so hard not to burst out laughing on the phone... sorry Ryan. After working on that old Dodge pile of crap you deserved it!
                        Richard
                        Haha ya i should have known.

Sent from my Igloo
                        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

cool just the little things to make the car that much better. i only asked about the flat bottom wheel as its on my list to buy one day. my 07 gti had it but the 07 rs4 doesn't, i don't understand.
                          you getting the led tails as well?? i think you said you had them before.

Comment

Ya that's a little weird. I dunno like the round wheel too.

Oh yes will definitely be getting Euro tails, forgot about those.

I have all the updated window switches to go in as well.

Sent from my Igloo
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Yay Delivery today!!

2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                                cool just the little things to make the car that much better. i only asked about the flat bottom wheel as its on my list to buy one day. my 07 gti had it but the 07 rs4 doesn't, i don't understand.
                                you getting the led tails as well?? i think you said you had them before.
                                Yeah, I love my MK5 GTI flat bottom wheel, it just feels so comfortable in the hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X