Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Originally posted by onceover View Post
    AudiUSA used your photo on facebook

Holy though 222 shares even haha breaking all sorts of records.

They shared one on Instagram and everything exploded.

Last edited by Ponto; 08-13-2014, 09:40 AM.
    2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
    2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Busy day at Dubsport yesterday...

Exhaust, 034 Rear Sway Bar, HPA Black Puck Mount, Oil Change, Blown rear wheel bearing (ffuuu) haha

Car is like new again! The Magnabro's is a tad louder than I was expecting though.

See how it is on the road trip to Calgary this weekend!

2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Well completed about 1000km with the new exhaust, sway bar, and puck mount the car is a dream to drive now! Droans a little bit at the 2k mark, more so when it's hot. But overall pretty happy with it. Need me some tunnel's to drive though, or just downtown haha.

The HPA black puck mount is definitely worth every penny though, shifts 100 times smoother and no more sloppy tranny. And the sway bar has really settled down the back end, so all in all it was money well spent!

Last edited by Ponto; 08-21-2014, 09:51 AM.
        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Well gf was home for the weekend, took her all of 2 minutes to noticed I had installed exhaust lol.

Her comments "It's noisy, I don't like it, when are you taking it off?" to my reply, its not coming off? She complained for a few more minutes, then the rest of the weekend - not a peep! Guess she likes being driven around haha.

The droan at the 2k mark still does bug me a bit, wish I could get rid of that. Any ideas? lol Aside from not use magnaflow?

The rest of the time it is glorious and sounds fantastic! Hopefully this weekend I will get some sound clips with Paytons Go Pro!
          2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I had a Magnaflow on the Cabrio, it had the drone at 1800rpm, Sarah complained and I replaced the muffler

Comment

i wonder if you could weld something together that was like the apr rsc. that exhaust had minimal to 0 drone for my vr. until i owned the exhaust, i never understood why it was soo much more expensive than all the other brands.
              Last edited by Danaldson; 09-03-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Milltek?

Comment

my Magnaflow catback drones at exactly 2300-2500rpm, before sound deadening it was 2100-2500rpm, and with rear seats removed it was 2000-3000rpm. You see the pattern, you can reduce the drone, well not exactly reduce but to isolate the drone from the cabin through sound deadening. Magnaflow catback is by far still the best sounding 2.8 24v VR exhaust IMO with the windows down lol
                  Current Fleet
                  #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                  2001 Cobra #88/3786
                  1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                  2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                  2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by RobG View Post
                    I had a Magnaflow on the Cabrio, it had the drone at 1800rpm, Sarah complained and I replaced the muffler
                    What muffler did you change out to? I love the sound don't get me wrong! And I drive it accordingly to minimize time spent in the droan zone.

My droan is from 1800-2200rpm roughly.

Originally posted by ML16 View Post
                    Milltek?
                    I liked the idea until i saw the price tag at triple the cost of the Magnaflow. But guess that is part of the price same as Danny mentioned.

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                    my Magnaflow catback drones at exactly 2300-2500rpm, before sound deadening it was 2100-2500rpm, and with rear seats removed it was 2000-3000rpm. You see the pattern, you can reduce the drone, well not exactly reduce but to isolate the drone from the cabin through sound deadening. Magnaflow catback is by far still the best sounding 2.8 24v VR exhaust IMO with the windows down lol
                    Interesting how it changed. I do love the sound of it.

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                    i wonder if you could weld something together that was like the apr rsc. that exhaust had minimal to 0 drone for my vr. until i owned the exhaust, i never understood why it was soo much more expensive than all the other brands.
                    Hmm same with how Rob changed out the muffler, probably a similar idea I guess.
                    Last edited by Ponto; 09-03-2014, 04:23 PM.
                    2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I hate sloppy trannys.
                      Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flipstah View Post
                        I hate sloppy trannys.
                        Then why you keep taking them home?!
                        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
                          Then why you keep taking them home?!
                          -_-"
                          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

-_-"
                            oooooo...
                            Last edited by GingerBeef; 09-03-2014, 04:50 PM.
                            Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                            ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                            PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

I hate sloppy trannys.
                              Sloppy trannies are least likey to blow, because they can take the transitions slowly.
                              Current Fleet
                              #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                              2001 Cobra #88/3786
                              1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                              2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                              2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I wanna hear this thing but i cant imagine the drone being to bad.... all the magnaflow kits I've listened to have had no previous complaints?

Small resonator welded inline to reduce it?

Comment

Working...
                                X