Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The long road home - Intro and an epic road trip all for a car.

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
    Thanks! and yea I bet ya lucky bugger... Although isn't it fairly rainy there in the winter?
    Well I am not sure if it is quite as wet as it is made out to be, but it does rain a fair bit, but still very rarely below zero in winter and maybe one bout of snow a year and by that I mean wet snow. They call sleet, hail here, we try to inform them that there is a difference and trust us you will notice the difference!
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
      Well I am not sure if it is quite as wet as it is made out to be, but it does rain a fair bit, but still very rarely below zero in winter and maybe one bout of snow a year and by that I mean wet snow. They call sleet, hail here, we try to inform them that there is a difference and trust us you will notice the difference!
      haha that is hilarious. I remember when I lived in Denmark is was very similar. Snowed a total of three times, and only stayed for a few days once. Its a different kind of winter. I liked it, and didn't all at the same time!
      2007 A3 3.2vr | S-line | Quattro | Brilliant Black Sold
      2020 Glacier White A4 Allroad
      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Boom more pictures from Das Pentax!!

Doc We've gone Back by Das Ponto, on Flickr

Dat Stitch by Das Ponto, on Flickr
        2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

I thought your steering wheel was of the flat bottom design. I love the white stitching, but I wonder how long it will stay nice and clean? Any preference between a flat bottom and round steering wheel? I have never owned a vehicle with the flat bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitzer View Post
            I thought your steering wheel was of the flat bottom design. I love the white stitching, but I wonder how long it will stay nice and clean? Any preference between a flat bottom and round steering wheel? I have never owned a vehicle with the flat bottom.
            Nope never had the flab bottom. That requires a different air bag. Switching to the S5 wheel only cost me 300 dollars.

I've had the wheel on there for a year now and 40k km still clean, mind you I use leather cleaner with a swiswax brush and conditioner it probably once a month or so. But stitching still looks brand new.

Sent from my Igloo
            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

That S line by Das Ponto, on Flickr

Last few days of winter mode.

Winter Mode by Das Ponto, on Flickr

The Rings by Das Ponto, on Flickr

Bootylicious by Das Ponto, on Flickr
              2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Great pics as always!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Well did some work on the paint - spent about 3 hours on it with a buddy. Clay Bar, then medium cut polish and a final polish.

[IMG]20150426_160027 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr[/IMG]

Pretty happy with the results - doesn't fix the sand blasted front end or the scratched up rear bumper. But overall a decent improvement. That being said I could easily spend another 3 pr 4 hours on the paint I think... Which I may or may not do before Leavenworth.

20150426_175349 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

And then it snowed.. yay Alberta in May

20150506_114807 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

Next on the list was pads and rotors for the front.. just boring maintenance lol.

IMG-20150509-WA0033 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

Yay boring.

IMG-20150509-WA0031 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

Kinda thought of cleaning up the calipers and painting them either black or silver but undecided sooo dirty and boring they stayed.... Kinda wish I got something other than blank rotors because wannabe racecar. But meh wasn't to concerned.

Still need to do the rear pads and rotors at sometime this summer, did just have my driver side axle replaced. But overall for sitting at 161k I am very pleased with how little I have had to do to this car.

/boring post
                  2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Looking good Ponto!!!
                    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Finally replaced my missing tow hook cover and it had to be painted sooo I did this.

IMG_20150522_212947 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

IMG-20150522-WA0051 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

And after.

IMG-20150522-WA0062 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

IMG_20150523_173726 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

20150524_205644 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

IMG_20150523_194401 by Ryan Ponto, on Flickr

/notplastidip
                      2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Do you use the same Collonite wax Chris swears by?
                        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
                        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                          Do you use the same Collonite wax Chris swears by?
                          Nope I used Menzerna for the polishing, then I used Meguiars Synthetic Sealant 2.0

2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

And it's for sale!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....teLocale=en_CA
                            2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Wow! For that price it's a steal compared to R32s, glws!
                              Current Fleet
                              #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                              2001 Cobra #88/3786
                              1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                              2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                              2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                                Wow! For that price it's a steal compared to R32s, glws!
                                Basically an R32 in a dress lol.

And thanks! Zero interest so far though... :/
                                2013 Allroad Scuba Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X