Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Ginster Mk3

Originally posted by EXP View Post
    Knobs are trick but what I want to know is , where -what is that steering wheel from? I like that a lot
    It's a red stiched / 20th wheel if I'm not mistaken?

Comment

It's some Chinese oem three spoke leather wrap I bought for him
      Current Fleet
      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
      2001 Cobra #88/3786
      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by EXP View Post
        Knobs are trick but what I want to know is , where -what is that steering wheel from? I like that a lot
        Early in the thread (page 2) shows the what I did with the wheel. Got an OEM MK4 3 spoke, then used a rewrap kit that Kuji got me from China (mk4s are EVERYWHERE there), then stitched the leather together by hand!
        Last edited by GingerBeef; 04-25-2016, 10:08 PM.
        Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
        ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
        PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Raised my car today.

Last edited by GingerBeef; 07-01-2016, 11:13 PM.
          Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Bags I'm assuming?
              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

So yeah, I bagged my car over the Canada day long weekend. The install went quite smoothly for the most part, but my trunk is currently a mess, my compressor is deafening and I generally want to die most of the time in it... But hey, the ride is alot smoother.
                So, im still trying to figure out where to place/hide all the air ride stuff. For now, im quite happy with how it all turned out!

Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

I must admit, that looks $*#@^ awesome!!!! Not many cool Mk3's around anymore. Miss my old VR's!
                  Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                  -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                  -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Looks great! For the pump maybe you can make something like those boxes for making dot matrix printers quieter.

Comment

So I got a few things one in the last few days.

Firstly, I replaced that god aweful Cherry Bomb muffler, and replaced it with a used Magnaflow one.

So nothing in my front end has ever lined up perfectly... not a huge deal but its been bugging me alot lately. The rad support was completely hacked by whoever originally installed the Dual Round headlights, and "R32" bumper that my car came with... (on a mk3, the euro and NA rad support are completely different) So, I went to Pick N Pull and grabbed a clean rad support!

Started to tear it all apart...

The problem area has been removed.

Old vs new.. cant really see the butchery, but it was pretty bad.

Next, I worked on my first carbon fiber project for this car. Mk3s have this little "engine" cover that doesnt really cover anything but a gap.. makes things look slightly cleaner but I never really understood why Volkswagen decided to cover that area specifically..
                      The carnage that was my old rad support meant that I was never able to bolt on this piece to my car. So, while I was at PnP i grabbed one!

Little did I know... the 4 cylinder and VR6 ones had different clearances for the intake runners and in my case, the dipstick hole.

Heres the OEM VR6 one for comparison.

No worries, I was determined to finish it that day, so I busted out the Dremel. I cut chunks out, glued chunks back on, then used a skim coat of Bondo to smooth out the seams. I decided to make it so the cover hugged the FPR better, and I didnt like the semi circular hole in the OEM one to clear the dispstick. I have a different idea for that...

So, cut a dipstick slot that I felt flowed better with the shape of the cover and threw it in a vacuum bag with some carbon fiber and resin!

Heres the cured part, fresh out of the bag.

Laid on a thick coat of epoxy to add some depth, and to smooth it out.

I felt the glossy carbon fiber was too distracting and took away from the overall look of my bay, so I picked up some matte clear coat. Quite happy with the result!

Also worth noting, while the front end was apart I quickly wrapped the foglights in yellow, and the turn signals in orange.. its very subtle, but im not quite sure I like it. Opinions?
                      Finally, onto the pics of the finished product!

Saw this awesome looking R32 in the parking lot!

Finally, checked out the Exotic Euro Coffee meet with my brother and friend... My car looks quite out of place cruising with a '75 Celica and '67 Mustang...
                      Last edited by GingerBeef; 07-20-2016, 12:11 AM.
                      Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Nice work, I am mixed on the fogs/turns but I enjoy seeing this car getting a lot of love!!!

That R32 does looks really good on those lobster claws!
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I shouldn't have ridden in your car. Because I want it.
                          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

I love your car. Also, where were those pics taken?
                            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Mk3 VR6 is the best WC VW ever. Well, second next to VR6 Corrado.
                              Jay

Comment

Thanks guys!
                                Cam, the funky looking apartments are the "University City" apartments across from Brentwood LRT station, that old brick building with the trees is the Shell Technology Center by the University!
                                Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Working...
                                X