• Show
Clear All

• Re: My Ginster Mk3

Originally posted by Mcrow View Post
    Those won't work. VR6 is 5x100.
    Ahh my bad. Like the style though

Comment

Yeah i know, i never thought you guys were bashing the wheels lol. I guess its just my personal preference, although I do agree that the brushed aluminum ring on the center cap doesnt really fit in, already had some plans for it. I'll see what people think of it in person..

5x100 wheels arnt too easy to come by.. and i really dont want to mess with adapters, wheel math is the worst math LOL
      Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
      ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
      PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Did someone say Sawblades?
        I agree with the general consensus on the wheels but don't listen to me, I'm running Sawblades on my a4 with a 40 profile tire!! *gasp!*
        If you like em keep em!
        Evan

Brilliant Black B6 A4 1.8T

Comment

I have to slightly agree with the majority in here. I love what you've done with the car, just not fully diggin the wheels. HOWEVER.....I do believe this is 100% due to the current ride height, and that those wheels will look much better once you are dropped a bit. I like that you're going with that motorsport look, so when you drop, leave about 0.5" wheel gap and it'll look great I think. No need to tuck those!
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
            Saw blades that arnt saw blades? Seems a little Mk1/2 to me.. i generally like 5/6 spoke wheels. What is it that throws you off on the wheels? Size? Fitment? My ride height? Colour?
            The only thing that takes me away from those wheels is the rims seem one size too big for some reason. It may be the tires or the ride height but they just look very large. To make the rims look smaller you can still stick with a 17 but have lips, or step down to a 16" flat face wheel like you currently have. Both will make the rims seem smaller than the current ones.
            Having them a different color may make them appear even bigger lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
              Having them a different color may make them appear even bigger lol.
              I think this is the big issue here thats giving it the huge wheel illusion. Having the wheels, tires and fender flares all in black really draws alot of attention to that particular area of the car. I think it would look much different if either the wheels or the fender flares were a different color. Or the tires if you wanna do colorful smoke shows lol
              Last edited by P Arkus; 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM.
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Originally posted by Arkadious View Post
                I think this is the big issue here thats giving it the huge wheel illusion. Having the wheels, tires and fender flares all in black really draws alot of attention to that particular area of the car. I think it would look much different if either the wheels or the fender flares were a different color. Or the tires if you wanna do colorful smoke shows lol
                Yellow tires like a bawss. Haha Well see what happens after i drop it, the wheels pop much more in person as theyre a really metallic purple-ish grey. Will take some pics once i drop it a bit more...
                Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

I have 17's on the cabrio, and I think they look great. I only went 17's because anything smaller wouldn't clear the front brakes. 16'' is just perfect on an MK3 and 15'' is okay too. I have 15'' wheels on harlequin, but they look like 16'' due to the stepped lip design. But deep down I wish the Work wheels were 16'' (Which wasn't available when I ordered, but they introduced the 16's 6 months after I ordered. BLAH).

IMO those wheels don't even look good on an Audi. On your car; I like the size, the fitment, love the color, but the wheel just isn't good on a MK3.

17's on the cabrio:
                  Mitch

1996 Harlequin
                  2001 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Where did you get the volvo lip from, and how was it to install? Looks great

Comment

I see, well the reason i went with the TT wheels was that they looked like a beefier version of the original Driver's Edition wheels.

But i see what you mean, i love those Rotiform Nues. We seem to be at the same ride height, but i think the flares throw it off a bit. Either way, ill drop the car a bit cause i was planning to anyways but i zero issues with my wheels so thats what really matters i guess :P

As for the Volvo lip, its off a 90s Volvo 940 from pick n pull lol

I just mounted it upside down, i trimmed my bumper a bit cause i originally wanted to run a VR lip.. and decided i didnt want to spend 300$ on one. But installing it shouldnt require modding the lip or bumper at all, just a self tapping screw at each end to hold it on and zip ties everywhere else. And voila, 20$ lip that fits in with my motorsport look and that IMHO looks better than the VR lip.
                      Last edited by GingerBeef; 08-06-2014, 01:17 PM.
                      Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Installed my bumper grilles and sharkfins, lowered the car by about an inch and went to take some pictures!

I think the black shark fins look awesome in the bumpers.. rare too!
                        Last edited by GingerBeef; 08-14-2014, 01:20 PM.
                        Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

shark fins... for shark week
                          D R E W

Comment

The car does look really good, nice work on bringing back some MK3 glory!!!!
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

So, a few weeks ago my car suddenly made this horrible grinding noise everytime the engine was under alot of load (so, 1-2nd gear mostly or flooring it) Dad or I could not for the life of us figure out what it was... we guessed everything from axle, to control arm rubbing, transmission, diff etc etc but nothing made sense. Heres a short vid my dad took of it.

So.. we limped the car to Matt's (from CAW) garage... he didnt even make it out of his back alley before he said motor mount(s) were toast... didnt really make sense to me either, but one does not question Matt, that man is magic. So, bought some BFI stage1 mounts are we were on our way. (Thanks Matt!)

While investigating i discovered that the culprit was indeed the motor mount.

You can see that the one tab was bent about 90 degrees, then tore off and on the other end the little bung welded to the tab was torn off violently. Pure motor mount carnage lol.

as for the grinding sound... yeah, that was my crank pulley grinding into my frame rail.. in retrospect it did sound awfully like an angle grinder..

Now, it has come to my attention that most of you guys still havnt seen this car yet and there is no proof it actually exists
                              Sadly, y'all wont be seeing it for a while, the cars been removed from insurance as the car will be spending all winter in the school shop where i will be pulling the motor, and changing every single one of those leaky gaskets (my block from the head down is caked in grease). While everythings apart i'll also be sorting out my frame rail, doing the timing chain, headgasket, possibly taking the tranny apart to take a look and camming/building the head if my financial situation allows.

Till then, ill be enjoying my new car! (not the EvoIV, that was written off by insurance due to some shipping damages ) but the new cars a euro! Should be a fun winter... see you soon!
                              Jason

---Samuel Moore

Comment

Sorry to hear about thatJason.....You're going to have the motor out?????? Time for some BOOST while you're at it!!!
                                Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                                Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                                X