Italian Chassis with a Japanese Mill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Chassis with a Japanese Mill.

Just did the final assembly on this last night and loaded it up this morning so Santa can make the delivery on time. First of all my business partner is the best grandpa ever. The only thing my pops ever gave me was a sip out of his 50 can. He picked this up a few months back for his grandson and I have been doing the full Restoration and mods. It is a BRM chassis with a Honda GX160. His grandson is at an odd age where he has started karting but still is into pokemon so that guided my paintwork. Big props to ED's Jr. member August for the guidance to the right pokemon.

Quick breakdown of the project is, stripped chassis resprayed in sublime pearl. The paint scheme includes matte black, pearl pure white, pearl sublime green and pearl midnight black. All pods plastic welded and refinished, engine covers all stripped and refinished, front cowl pinstriped and flamed. All new brackets and pan fabricated. Brembo brakes. The honda gx mill got , new cam, rod, piston, HC head gasket, new head with bigger springs and rocker arm, billet cooling fan/flywheel with adjustable timing key, bigger carb with bigger jets and a header with de-baffled muffler . All this takes the 5.5 hp 4800 rpm up to 12-14hp and a 7500 rpm capability.

here are some pics from this morning before it got loaded on the sleigh.

Last edited by bobkatkat; 12-23-2014, 11:04 AM. Reason: link fix

Re: Italian Chassis with a Japanese Mill.

Sweet!
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Damn that's awesome Bob!
      --
      Rod
      Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
      2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I want a pokemon race car
        Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Looks amazing, nice work Bob!!!
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Damn we need a new track in Calgary
            2015 Audi RS7, Sepang Blue, Carbon Optic Package, Performance Package, Driver Assistant Plus Package, Black Alcantara Headliner
            2015 Audi A3, Glut Orange, 2.0 TFSI Technik, S Line Package - Wife's
            2006 Audi S4, Sprint Blue Pearl, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Navigation - SOLD

Comment

Thanks All it was a fun little project. Just wish my ass fit in the seat. These small vehicles are a blast to work on! Would love to do some thing else..hhmmm... maybe a Ruckus?

Comment

Originally posted by bobkatkat View Post
                Thanks All it was a fun little project. Just wish my ass fit in the seat. These small vehicles are a blast to work on! Would love to do some thing else..hhmmm... maybe a Ruckus?

dont steal my plan, and make it 1000x better than mine lol :P cuts thats what you would do. because you're projects are baller.

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                  dont steal my plan, and make it 1000x better than mine lol :P cuts thats what you would do. because you're projects are baller.
                  Wadaya mean? I was planning on practicing on yours. Maybe one of these drift big wheels?

Comment

Yes please!

Comment

There is a sweet gokart track being built in strathmore. It has me tempted to get a kart and join the karting club.

Comment

That there is just awesome.
                        2016 VW GTI (Stock)
                        2016 VW Jetta 1.4T (Stock)
                        1994 Audi UrS4 - BW S257 SX-E built engine on VEMs.
                        2001 Audi S4 - K04s, J-Fonz Tuned ( Gone! Dropped valve)

Comment

Jesus Bob....you're constantly amazing me with this stuff! Awesome!!!
                          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Working...
                          X