Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makaheehee's B7

Hey guys,
    I guess I might as well start a thread for my b7 a4.
    So Ive had it since May 2013.

Within a month I put on some 19x8 Bremmer Kraft BR05's. I was stock sport suspension then so it was acceptable IMO.

I was even a chauffeur for my cousins wedding!

Somewhere in the mean time I also went with the APR stage 1 tune! (Although now I want to go with JHM... ) Hands down best money spent on this car. Changes the car drastically.

Then 2014 rolled around, and I got some actual aesthetics done to the car! Finally got some ST coilovers, a Cupra R lip, all paired up with a square setup of 18x9.5 ESM 002R's ET40. They wouldnt clear the front brake calipers with the 10mm spacer I read that I would need. Wtf.
    Turns out a 20mm spacer was needed WITH a minor shaving.. So a pretty aggressive fitment IMO. But looks good IMO none the less.

*Credits to bucky for the picture*

Somewhere in the mean time I picked up a APR test pipe off someone here as well as went stage 2. Not too much of a noticeable increase, but im sure it helps the car run better.

On the way to BC in 2014 for vacation though I ended up getting some Bacon. Sadly it was not where I wanted the bacon to be =(

Both sides are like this. You can visibly see that they bend inwards due to the wheel itself hitting the fender. Not sure why this actually happened though as I raised the car considerably before leaving for the trip, but it still sagged...

I never got around to fixing it in 2014, but I want to get it dialed in and fixed this season!

As you can see the rears are starting to get some surface rust going on (and you can see the white paint from the wheel hitting the fender ) And yes. All FOUR corners the paint has burned through, but only the rear's are Bacon.

Anyone got some advice as to how I can fix my stance? Im going to max my camber in the rear (as it is adjustable) to see if that'll help, but any other suggestions? Maybe some custom sized spacers for the rears so they sit perfectly?

I recently also got an Ebay RS4 style grille, and it actually fit surprisingly well. Other than the top part under the hood that I still need to take a heat gun to as it doesnt sit flat but instead bends upwards. The seller did offer me a partial refund for that though which im happy about! Also picked up a new headlight washer cover as either a) someone stole mine. I heard thats a common thing.... or b) it somehow came off which is unlikely..

And yes. That bumper gap is something that needs to be done as well. But im planning on doing that when I do my clear corners.

Also managed to pick up a 034 Rear Sway bar + End links off ebay for a decent price! Makes the car grip to the road so much better.
    Last edited by makaheehee; 04-25-2015, 12:43 PM.

Re: Makaheehee's B7

I did receive some feedback on my rubbing the Whore your ride thread.
    Pat, thanks for the tip! Im getting the alignment shop to max the camber in the rear to see if that'll help. Over on Audizine they suggested that atleast. Its not too hard to adjust as its an offset bolt.
    But yeah. The specs are 18x9.5 ET 40. Currently theres a 20mm spacer all around as they wouldnt clear the front brake calipers. Which is odd because when I was searching I found a guy that claimed he was running 15mm spacers in the front.
    Heres his FS actually. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ld-18x9-5-et40......
    Yeah i understand that pulling fenders is pretty permanent, but I think I might look into that route more...
    And Dylan. I think lowering it wont help. =P
    And Evan. Yeah Ill look into it more. What method did you go with? A fender roller? Or phone book / bat method?

Comment

I was gonna say to shave the calliper, but with a 20mm spacer to clear that won't work. I think your best bet is either to do a pretty big pull, or to just sell the wheels and get some that fit better. 9.5 et 20 is too much poke in my opinion.

If you are going to pull, use a magazine/phone book to bow them out.
      Last edited by Danaldson; 04-25-2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
        I was gonna say to shave the calliper, but with a 20mm spacer to clear that won't work. I think your best bet is either to do a pretty big pull, or to just sell the wheels and get some that fit better. 9.5 et 20 is too much poke in my opinion.

If you are going to pull, use a magazine/phone book to bow them out.
        Yeah. Sadly I already did that. I dont think I really need THAT big of a pull. Even the guy at Zero Limit today said I would only need a small pull.

One more thing I found out. My rear camber adjusters are pretty seized. =( So they couldnt adjust them. Guess I'll have to work on them over the weekend trying to break them free.

Comment

Nice car.
          Current Fleet
          #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
          2001 Cobra #88/3786
          1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
          2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
          2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
            Nice car.
            Thanks man. You have a nice car too.
            Just needs more low.
            Last edited by makaheehee; 04-25-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Looks nice. I think the low is good as it is. Add a cuprazilla!

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                Looks nice. I think the low is good as it is. Add a cuprazilla!
                Thanks man. And buy me one and Ill add it!

Comment

Nice car, but your trunk is too flat
                  Hit me up when you wanna clear your corners!
                  Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                  ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                  PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

What size tire are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJungle View Post
                      Nice car, but your trunk is too flat
                      Hit me up when you wanna clear your corners!
                      Yeah yeah. I know I know. It hasnt sold yet, so theres still a chance.
                      And for sure. Afternoon Tuesday I'll be free so I'll hit you up around then! Thanks!

Originally posted by mrx View Post
                      What size tire are you using?
                      Im running a 225/40/18 Falken 950.

Comment

Your also having issues cus of those massive tires. Switch to a 205.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EDOthug View Post
                          Your also having issues cus of those massive tires. Switch to a 205.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Im worried running 205's in calgary will be a bit much.. The tire is already stretched to my liking. I wouldnt want to run more of a stretched tire =/
                          The sidewall on one of the tires already came apart (had to get a new tire at the end of last season). So I only imagine with a 205 it would cause more problems like this. Although maybe these Falkens just suck.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by makaheehee View Post
                            Im worried running 205's in calgary will be a bit much.. The tire is already stretched to my liking. I wouldnt want to run more of a stretched tire =/
                            The sidewall on one of the tires already came apart (had to get a new tire at the end of last season). So I only imagine with a 205 it would cause more problems like this. Although maybe these Falkens just suck.. lol
                            Do you have spacers? If not, how thick is the back spacing on your wheels? Some wheel shops can shave a few mm off which might just be enough to stop the rub
                            Last edited by kujiwara; 04-26-2015, 12:13 AM.
                            Current Fleet
                            #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                            2001 Cobra #88/3786
                            1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                            2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                            2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by kujiwara View Post
                              Do you have spacers? If not, how thick is the back spacing on your wheels? Some wheel shops can shave a few mm off which might just be enough to stop the rub
                              That could help in the rears for sure. I could probably even get 15mm spacers in the rear. But wouldnt that look odd with 20mm spacers in the front?

Comment

Working...
                              X