My Winter Mk3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Winter Mk3

Hello Eurodrivers, some of you may know that I picked up a winter beater in September... figured I should make a thread for it. So this is my Indian Red 1993 Golf GL with a 1.9 turbo diesel engine! I'm pretty excited about this car, I've never owned a diesel before and boost is always fun haha.

So, the car was pretty much stock when I got it, but a few tasteful mods were done by the PO

-euro flare kit
    -GTI rear beam and disc brakes
    -boost pin from a 1.6 injection pump to increase fueling, also boost turned up to match
    -sidemount intercooler setup from a Mk4(?) TDI, as these cars did not come with and intercooler from the factory

This was the first day I had it, didnt take long before i started screwing around with it.

First, I threw on the oem grille immediately. I also threw on a wind deflector ive had laying around for ages... It does a good job at hiding some chips and that gross dent on the hood. My yellow mk3 originally came with a set of Hella dual round headlights but they didnt really suit the styling of that car. So, I painted the faces black, tinted some lights and paired with the euro amber turns, I think they suit this TD much better!

Next up, since its my winter beater, I decided that this one should be lifted.. so I lifted it..

Ive made quite a bit of progress since, but that will have to be saved for another post.
    Last edited by GingerBeef; 01-07-2016, 03:33 PM.
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Re: My Winter Mk3

Lets see... at some point I decided that I needed wheel bolt covers.. so I cut up some shotgun shells...

I didnt want my rare 1993 bumpers to get destroyed over the winter and I had a set of spare bumpers for some reason... So I bedlinered them and threw them on!

School got really stupid busy in December... so turning my car into a reindeer is pretty much the only thing I did to the car. (I think I maybe filled it up once? TD fuel consumption for the win!)

The paint has really seen better days, it was so dull looking... a full exterior detail REALLY brought the paint back to life! I was absolutely blown away at the result. The paint seems to be a few shades redder, the sun actually made it almost look copper/bronze. I had no idea all this flake was hiding behind the ruined clearcoat..

Next up is some vinyl work! Ive been seeing camo cars more and more lately and it made me want to try it out myself. Got some advice from Danny, and went to Victory Vinyls to pick out some colours.

After an hour or two at Victory, I decided on these colours. Then I went to town cutting out and laying down the vinyl.

Also, at some point my front drivers wheel got destroyed. So thats why I have a single white snowflake on... the other 3 will be put on once I get a new set of tires! But anyways, heres the final product!

Last edited by GingerBeef; 01-08-2016, 06:02 PM.
    Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
    ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
    PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Working...
    X