Freshing her up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Freshing her up

No. Youre wrong. Three guys, three very negative comments, all based on their own individual tastes.

The op did not post to hear how you three didnt like it and what he should do to suit your tastes.

The op is not asshurt, im asshurt because i dont see a need for any of these kind of comments at all. Particularly when the op clearly likes it and has done a lot of work.

Dont say anything at all next time.
    Last edited by 145117; 04-25-2016, 03:33 PM.
    car go brum

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
      to each their own that's what matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I like to think this is a friendly community, lets keep it so.
      Last edited by jjtoutt; 04-25-2016, 03:32 PM.
      Josh

2006 Jetta TDI (DSG)
      decent amount of (little) cosmetic mods
      Colt stage II cam
      PD150 Injectors
      Darkside GTB1749V
      Malone stage 5 (dynamic Idle and EGR delete)
      Malone DSG tune
      H&R coilovers
      Panzer skidplate
      OEM LED Tail lights.
      OEM style projector headlights with e46 (clear lens) projector swap

2008 ford Ranger 5 spd

Comment

Alright, let's keep it on topic here.

Originally posted by 145117 View Post
        wow, some of you guys can be dicks.
        Replies like this, as well as some of your others aren't going to get you far, and quite frankly, they are the least productive replies in this thread. It's not your car either, so why are you attacking others for voicing their opinions all while giving them crap since it isn't their car? Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Since it's spring time, and some threads always seem to go like this around this time of year, I'd encourage everyone to have a quick look over the Message Board Etiquette thread again so that we keep things civil.

I'm with Danny, I think stripes would looks better as well, but if the OP likes the result and enjoyed doing it then that's what matters.
        Last edited by CGY_GTI; 04-25-2016, 03:37 PM.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Inb4 this is why the car community is ruined comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
            Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
            Sure. But why post blatenly negative comments?

Do you all expect the op to run out and change it?

Why not just keep quiet if you dont like it? Where is the value in saying that when its obvious the op likes it and has done a lot of work?

I guess you guys just go around sprouting your opinions about everything all the time in life and act surprised when someone calls you out on it.
            car go brum

Comment

Last edited by MechEngg; 04-25-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGY_GTI View Post
                Since it's spring time, and some threads always seem to go like this around this time of year, I'd encourage everyone to have a quick look over the Message Board Etiquette thread again so that we keep things civil.
                Thanks Scott.

Not my cup of tea on the car, but as said previously, if the OP likes it, that's all that matters.
                --
                Rod
                Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

I'm gonna weigh in on this as I intend to become a little more involved in the community. 145117 you gotta understand that a lot of these guys have owned, tuned, restored and modified more cars than you and I have. I think their comments come from a enthusiast point of view and as this is a car club/forum people will express their experiences, comments being whatever you may want to call them positive or "negative". I understand it can be a little intimidating to post sometimes but that's just about anywhere on the internet, if you post up you are exposed to any sort of feedback. Take comments with a grain of salt as this is the internet after all, I don't think any foul play was intended by anyone.
                  Now onto the car, I am with a lot of the guys saying that a black hood would look good on the car not so much on the rest of it, I would add that he should take the mesh out from where the headlights are and get a OEM single headlight grill. Mk2's are a classic platform, ageless and the more clean and OEM+ you keep them the better they look. Kudos to the owner for doing all this work himself, the car looks mint.

Ps, Dani I loved your camo version of the a4 but I love it more bagged and solid black.

Comment

Originally posted by JricardoVW View Post
                    Ps, Dani I loved your camo version of the a4 but I love it more bagged and solid black.
                    Great points there.

And thanks man. Like i said, some people will love it, and some will hate it when the Camo comes back

Comment

I get that, ricardo. I do. Your post is well said. And I understand that the op offered it up somewhat. I even know full well what some of the other posters bring to the board. I am not blind nor a dummy.

But when the op has put a lot of effort into it, and most importantly, likes it, I just dont see any need or board-healthy-productive reason for saying (and i am paraphrasing and combining) "it looks terrible because I have ocd, and some guys I have met never bothered to respray it, even when they said they would!"

There is having an opinion and then there is stomping on dudes work. I feel that the posts in question crossed a line, and had more to do with their own taste than anything that they brought in the way of advice by having all of the tuning/mod experience that you speak of.

They werent friendly, productive, helpful posts that the mod was reminding us to follow. Please, reread the comments. They were simply dumping because they didn't like it.
                      And there is a difference.
                      Last edited by 145117; 04-25-2016, 04:41 PM.
                      car go brum

Comment

Okay time to move on.
                        --
                        Rod
                        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Ur0Drivr View Post
                          Not my cup of tea on the car, but as said previously, if the OP likes it, that's all that matters.
                          Agreed with Rod.

To the OP... If I listened to everyone's opinions on here I'd have my cars:
                          a) Lowered as much as possible;
                          b) with massive turbo/s; and
                          c) change my rims every year.

FWIW... I've done none of these things and I'm still here. As such, take everyone's comments here with a "grain of salt" and focus on those who provide constructive feedback. Like T-Swift says:

Rob
                          Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                          Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

I really liked the camo, especially the gold.

Not really sure how to respond to the rest of the comments, without getting all long winded over it.

I like it because I did it, I didn't pay someone else to do it. I, like others, am not fully sold on some of the things I have done, but there are reasons for them. I'm more than willing to answer why, but ask me, don't just assume.

Not really sure what else to say.

P.S. I always take the stuff on here with a grain of salt, I merely put it on here for two reasons
                            A: I can't make it to many of the meets
                            B: People have bigger balls when behind a keyboard, and that's how I get their real feelings towards my efforts
                            Last edited by Maverikk; 04-25-2016, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 145117 View Post

......and had more to do with their own taste than anything that they brought in the way of advice by having all of the tuning/mod experience that you speak of.
                              Guilty as charged. I was the first person to say that I didn't like it. I think that car has huge potential to be great and in my humble opinion, this does not "freshen" up the look at all. Sorry for having an opinion!
                              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
                              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by Maverikk View Post
                                I really liked the camo, especially the gold.

Not really sure how to respond to the rest of the comments, without getting all long winded over it.

I like it because I did it, I didn't pay someone else to do it. I, like others, am not fully sold on some of the things I have done, but there are reasons for them. I'm more than willing to answer why, but ask me, don't just assume.

Not really sure what else to say.

P.S. I always take the stuff on here with a grain of salt, I merely put it on here for two reasons
                                A: I can't make it to many of the meets
                                B: People have bigger balls when behind a keyboard, and that's how I get their real feelings towards my efforts

You don't need to respond to any of the comments, I still remember when I refused to lower my car and get flamed lmao, you'll get all sorts of comments here and there but you don't have to take all of them seriously, you can if you want, but it's better to just ignore some, espcieially rhe ones you don't like. Eurodrivers is not that bad at all compared to vwvortex although some comments can make you feel a little tingly, I think the key point is when you're posting your car on the Internet don't expect all comments to be positive. Yeah it gets annoying if it's mostly negative but you gotta chill, the people who write those comments really don't care about your feelings all that much, some people just write what they want and you can't really tell them what to do(it's like how they can't tell you what to do), so if you take it seriously you gonna get all kinds of butt hair pulled around the thing. Take it easy and that's actually a pretty quality spray job.
                                Last edited by kujiwara; 04-25-2016, 05:02 PM.
                                Current Fleet
                                #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                                2001 Cobra #88/3786
                                1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                                2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                                2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

Working...
                                X