Red diesel tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red diesel tornado

I've been wanting an upgrade so when I found a decently priced salvage TDI Golf, with minimal damage, I jumped on it.

It's a US car but thanks to VW's standardization everything is already meets Transport Canada requirements (DRL etc).

It's Tornado Red, has H&R lowering springs, and has 35k miles so not even broken in for a TDI.
    It has the steering wheel paddle shifters which I'm looking forward to using (racecar!).
    Two things which I wish it had are a moonroof and heated seats.

As bought:

I was able to trace back the original owner thanks to some papers I found in the car and the Darkkastle motorsports decal on the rear window. Seems like it was side swiped shortly after they put on the new H&R springs.
    The guy is a candy addict, and I spent a good 1/2 hour cleaning up various types of candies strewn around the car, glovebox, between seats, trunk, and in every nook and cranny.

Pretty cool to have been able to get a hold of the original owner and know that there was nothing wrong with the car prior to the accident.
    Last edited by witchcraftz; 05-29-2016, 10:56 AM.

Re: Red diesel tornado

Used parts are not so easy to find yet for the MK7s but I've been making headway and fond a couple of places here which seem to have a good stock.

Purchased a quarter panel to replace the damaged one.

The other day I was able to get a door and install it. It's grey but the body shop will paint it.
    Finally this morning dropped her off at the shop with the parts. Had to remove the front bumper to load/unload her since she's so low on H&R springs.

Here she is right now.

Will update with pics of the work.
    Last edited by witchcraftz; 05-30-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X