Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk7 golf r

Well i joined club golf r.

Went with lapiz blue tech package and 6spd.

Sharing the garage with big brother RS. Wow its tight in there with kid toys and 2 cars. It doesnt look it in the photo but its crammed.

So for now the R will be my daily and the RS will be the toy till it sells, it may not sell and ill keep it for a few more years. At least my mv agusta sold in a few days to create garage space.

Plan on getting led taillights and a shift knob asap. Tune will happen just not in the near future. Gotta try to make it to a meet and check out the other golf r's.

Re: Mk7 golf r

Congrats! Nice looking duo in the garage!
    Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

awesome! congrats
      Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Congrats! Are you in the Alberta MK7's Facebook group? We have a group buy happening for the tail lights right now.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Im trying to get in on the group buy, i dont do facebook though. Read about it on beyond. May have ro wait on them though, trying to see what happens with the rs4. I told myself no mods till it sells. Except the shift knob.

I have to get my xpel redone and reccomendation?? I was told thompson graphics??

Comment

Congrats and love the spec!!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Couple little things fuel economy blows the rs4 away about 600km to a tank i think. The back seat has more room than the rs4. Loving the dcc, the suspension change is very nice. I hate the sound pumped into the cabin. Stereo is fairly decent might not even upgrade the sub, i dont like how it always plays the same songs over everytime i get into it. Still trying not to comment on power but it doesnt feel that immpressive. Jb1....... or apr down the road??

Comment

The soundaktor can be disabled through VCDS fairly easily. That's one thing I haven't bothered doing since I don't really notice it much in Normal mode because I have the exhaust valves open and the S3 resonator delete. JB1 is definitely the way to go if you want a nice bump in power for a good price, plus you can turn around and sell it again if you decide to do a tune down the road.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                  Im trying to get in on the group buy, i dont do facebook though. Read about it on beyond. May have ro wait on them though, trying to see what happens with the rs4. I told myself no mods till it sells. Except the shift knob.

I have to get my xpel redone and reccomendation?? I was told thompson graphics??
                  I would do it

the price is to good to pass
                  Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

The fleet is finally clean after the rain.

Rs4 still for sale, lots of low ballers coming out, which is fine just not going to let it go for cheap. Driven them both back to back and the rs4 feels so much race car like, golf r is a solid daily with a little performance.

Comment

I can tell you that APR stage 2 is much faster than a Jb tune, drove stock one and both tunes extensively on the same mk7r, get a turbo back and intake while you're at it then you'll have the fastest car on the road
                      Current Fleet
                      #ProjectICreate Jetta GLI32
                      2001 Cobra #88/3786
                      1989 Jetta Trophy 1 of 500
                      2004 Audi A2 FSI Colour Storm RHD
                      2015 B8.5 S4 Sepang/Technik/6MT/SD/AAD/CF

Motorsport Engineer

Comment

I will eventually get a tune, but i dont want turbo back i like my daily to be quiet. Not looking to go crazy with this one. As long as the rs4 is in the garage i wont be modding the R. Just waiting for don to come to his senses and buy the rs4. Haha

I need to make it to a meet or set one up i can actually make it to to see what kinda perfomance guys are getting from the tunes.

Comment

I'm running the APR stage 1 high torque. Huge difference from stock. Though it didn't feel much different from Derek's Neuspeed module.
                          Mitesh

Comment

Did you do other mods to run the high torque? Or is just dsg owners that cant run high torque stock.

Comment

It's manual owners who don't want to run the high torque because the clutches aren't all that great, but some do it anyway. There's nothing wrong with it really, just have to be careful if you don't want to be replacing your clutch within a year. The DSG clutch packs can hold quite a bit of power.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X