X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hairdressers Timeline

Originally posted by Ponto View Post
    5's and 6's lol Ouch.
    I'm more like wtf are these guys talking about with camber being an issue with AWD? Staggered tires can be but camber doesn't make a difference to the rolling diameter.
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Would having 2 different cambers front and rear possibly cause issues on AWD? Assuming the tires are the same size, significantly different camber could make the rolling diameter different?

Comment

• Hairdressers Timeline

Lol I was curious what they thought. Didn’t surprise me from a lifted truck owner.

Fun to submit.

No the car isn’t sold, but just finished peeling the wrap. Need to clean a Few more things up, and then will be up for sale.

That being said... I did pick up some of these which would fit nicely on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Danaldson; 12-18-2018, 12:36 AM.

Comment

2019 Update!

At the end of last season i moved the air ride over to the wagon, and put a set of used KW V2's on the car. I also removed the insane width/steretchy wheels from the car to move over to a more functional setup which was more fun to drive on. I really enjoyed driving the car until it got parked for winter, but i just wasn't happy with the height of the car. The Kw's were out of a mk6 GLI which is a much heavier car. Even with the coils all the way down i wasn't happy with how high the car was.

so over the winter i ordered a few items including Broadway Static Coilers custom built for the car. I got them installed last week and am extremely happy with the car. Handles great and the car is low again, I just need to remind myself I'm unable to push a button to get over speed bumps anymore :P.

there's quite a difference in size between the Jetta KW's and the Broadway Coils.

The coils have settled a bit since this photo was taken so i need to raise the front just a tad.

I also test fitted the BBS to the car which put a big smile on my face.

Reverse mounting is the plan but i need to do a bit more test fitting with the tires on to see if they will be too aggressive or not. I would like to stay away from excess camber this time around so the car is still a blast to drive. Ive also got some tires which will have minimal stretch this time around.

The lips required polishing underneath where the face sat against the lip so i got to work. Worked my way from 320 grit up to 1200 plus polishing compounds to get a nice shiny finish to match the OEM polished look.

The wheels were then ceramic coated for protection and for ease of cleaning. Tires are going on this week and will get them on the car!

I also took care of some maintenance here and there. Brakes were due all around, i still need to do the rears and while im at it i plan to paint the rear caliber black to match the front.
          Last edited by Danaldson; 04-01-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Getting the fitment of the wheels dialled in. I was able to get the rears to fit reverse mounted but its got a little more camber than i would like (although wayyyy less than on the last set of wheels).
            Car is in for an alignment and some maintenance items today, CV boot and replacement Rear 02 Sensors.

Comment

Looks amazing! I am thinking about how to bets go about re-polishing the lips on the rims I just got, what did you use as polish?

Comment

Looks really good in white with these wheels setup!

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                  Looks amazing! I am thinking about how to bets go about re-polishing the lips on the rims I just got, what did you use as polish?
                  thanks!

I went with 320-600-800-1200 sandpaper by hand. Then to brown compound on wool power tool to white comound on power tool, to mothers aluminum polish by hand with a micro fibre.

Originally posted by syncrovan View Post
                  Looks really good in white with these wheels setup!
                  thanks!!

Comment

Wow. Nice work. Looks really good!
                    Stefan
                    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

The TT is torn apart again to be wrapped. Ever since the new Tacoma/4Runner came out ive been in love with the sandy color they have. I found a company out of italy who makes an extremely close match to this color. This film was a little more expensive than the popular 3M 1080 or Avery Films but from working with it i can totally see why. The air release on this film is pretty incredible and im also noticing that there is less of an "orange peel" look which is very common on most gloss wraps. So far the the experience woking with this film has been amazing.

I made some solid progress over the weekend getting the Hatch, left side quarter, door, door jam and side skirt done. I also finished up all the accessories like door handles, lock inserts and rear adjustable spoiler.

Yesterday i finished up the hood, and pre cut pieces for the rest of the panels. I should have it finished up by Sunday or so.

Comment

Looking so nice!
                        Nick

I love hatchbacks

Comment

Originally posted by Danaldson View Post
                          thanks!

I went with 320-600-800-1200 sandpaper by hand. Then to brown compound on wool power tool to white comound on power tool, to mothers aluminum polish by hand with a micro fibre.

thanks!!
                          They look great, but let me tell you -- you only do the rim sanding once, and then you hire it out there-after.
                          Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Nice!

I've been eyeballing that color on the Tacomas also, as well as the nice light blue color. It'll look great once done

Comment

Originally posted by jacktown View Post
                              Looking so nice!
                              Thanks Nick!
                              Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
                              They look great, but let me tell you -- you only do the rim sanding once, and then you hire it out there-after.
                              Honestly it was pretty enjoyable. Thew on a TV Show and went to town. Given the lips were brand new so they didnt need that much work. Maybe if they were in rough shape i would have hated my life.

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                              Nice!

I've been eyeballing that color on the Tacomas also, as well as the nice light blue color. It'll look great once done
                              Yes i love that blue color as well!

Went hard this weekend and almost got the car finished up. I still have wrap the antenna, rear tow hook cover, headlight washer nozzle caps and Refinish the door lock caps. I have re assembled most of the car other than rear foglight/diffuser and the door lock. then i just need to put the car back on the ground and wrap the roof.

Comment

Niceee. Looks good, love the color!
                                TJ
                                '17 Ram 3500 Laramie
                                '01 Silver S4

Comment

Working...
                                X