Kickin' it (even more) Oldschool - Mk2 Jetta Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kickin' it (even more) Oldschool - Mk2 Jetta Project

Mmm love me some mk2. My first car was a mk2 gutless diesel golf.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

ive had a bunch of them over the years, mainly MK2 Golfs but had a lovely GLI Jetta at 1 point

Comment

From where you started and the amount of time you had, this is a very impressive result and the car looks pretty good too!!

I hope you enjoyed the show after all your hard work!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

DAYYYUUMMMM....Jason you never ceases to amaze....the amount of work you put in your cars is beyond admirable....you deserve a standing ovation.... beautiful!!!
          Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
          Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words
            I was a little burnt out working on this car tbh, but I put some more work into it before Close 2 Home. You guys should post some pictures of your old mk2s if you can dig em up! I'd love to see em.

First off, the rear suspension was bouncy af after I installed the coilovers. I've had FK streetlines before on my mk3, and they weren't great, but they weren't nearly this bad. After taking it apart I realized I screwed up the order of the strut mounts when installing them at midnight before Driven. Whoops. Simple fix though and now it rides smooth again

Sobe also hooked me up with some brand new NOS front flares! Yay. No more rear fender flares and electrical tape on my front fenders.

The trim piece thingy didn't fit too well, but a bit of double sided tape and some love with the heat gun sorted that out. Then I waxed the car (because I ran out of time before Driven to) and rolled into the show, about 4 hours late.

That's it for now. I'm getting the itch to work on this thing again. After fixing the horrific rear suspension bounce its actually really enjoyable to drive. I think I'm gonna swap some sensors, and do a bit more catchup maintenance after the formula grind is over.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
            Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
            ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
            PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

My old girl!!!
              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I like your style Derek

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by GingerBeef; 05-28-2019, 11:50 PM.
                Jason

"You dont buy a Volkswagen once, you buy it ten times."
                ---Samuel Moore

Instagram: @Wangtastic
                PM me to get your car detailed! - Brightside Detailing

Comment

Working...
                X