X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of my 04 GTi

here they are I finaly got arround to uploading them to the net:
    These are the first day picking it up in Bremerhaven, Germany at the port

Here are some the second day of having the car after a good wash and wax, I also removed the gti and 1.8t badges.

I have a couple more with the black VW emblems on but it also has my mk1 gti and my friends mk 1 cabby in it though

That is all for now. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by dubspeedGTi; 10-20-2004, 10:09 AM.
    2004 Reflex Silver GTi 1.8t
    1991 passat GT wolfsburg edition (euro spec)
    1982 golf GTI (euro spec)
    Autocross: the miniature golf of road racing

Re: pics of my 04 GTi

Looking good, glad to finally see it seems funny to see an American spec car in Germany but I like those plates!! Those are some nice mk1s you should bring a couple of those back with you
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Nice 04 i'm an old school fan of the mk1.
      Come to La Crosse, First Sat of every month at 7:00pm at H ters for the meeting of NVD south

Comment

The white cabby is my friends and it is an american spec and he will be taking it back to the states when he leaves. The black mk1 is mine I just got it this past weekend. It is an 82 so it will be just old enough to take it back to the states when I leave with out converting it, and I plan on doing just that. That was the whole reason why I bought it. I plan on doing some serious work on it this winter. I am not going to do much with the outside right now mostly just suspension and brake work, also getting the motor running good. I plan on having it ready to race for next years autocross season. It doesn't need to be pretty to dodge cones.
        Last edited by dubspeedGTi; 10-21-2004, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dubspeedGTi
          The white cabby is my friends and it is an american spec and he will be taking it back to the states when he leaves. The black mk1 is mine I just got it this past weekend. It is an 82 so it will be just old enough to take it back to the states when I leave with out converting it, and I plan on doing just that. That was the whole reason why I bought it. I plan on doing some serious work on it this winter. I am not going to do much with the outside right now mostly just suspension and brake work, also getting the motor running good. I plan on having it ready to race for next years autocross season. It doesn't need to be pretty to dodge cones.
          I'm jealous of the MK1
          Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
            I'm jealous of the MK1
            which one?

Comment

which one?
              Yours, nice grab.
              Jay

Comment

thanks! this winter I am getting it ready to be an autocross car. It will also be driven at some tracks here like the Nurburgring. And mostly just to have fun with on the back roads on the weekends. I think my friend payed way too much for that cabby. He paid like $2500 US I think. I got mine for only 450 euro about $600 US. His is in a little beter shape but mine runs better.
                Last edited by dubspeedGTi; 10-27-2004, 01:49 PM.

Comment

so apart from now having a 4 year warranty in europe, what are other reasons you shipped a NA spec one there? just to be different, like us make ours euro? lol it's really interesting...
                  2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                  2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                    so apart from now having a 4 year warranty in europe, what are other reasons you shipped a NA spec one there? just to be different, like us make ours euro? lol it's really interesting...
                    I believe because he's stationed there and plans to move back at some point. Which makes sense, it'd be a shame to buy a new car and then find out you had to leave and sell it.
                    Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
                      I believe because he's stationed there and plans to move back at some point. Which makes sense, it'd be a shame to buy a new car and then find out you had to leave and sell it.
                      exactly I am in the US military here in Germany at the moment. I will be returning to the states in late 07. I plan on having this car way past then. Also there is a dealer here that sells US spec cars to the US military tax free, After delivery to Germany I paid $21,060 USD for the 1.8t 2dR gti with the sunroof and monsoon package and the 17" wheels. I plan on getting a few euro goodies while I am here for it. I am not too sure of what to get though. I would like to get the euro R32 kit. I like the rear bumper on one of your cars it is the 4dr silver golf with the BBS CH wheels and he autocrosses I think his name is simon but isn't there 2 simons on here and both have silver golfs. I seen a pic of one of your meets and that bumper looks awesome. I am not sure what else to get though.

Comment

your 4 yr warranty is valid there though right?
                        2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                        2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

exactly I am in the US military here in Germany at the moment. I will be returning to the states in late 07. I plan on having this car way past then. Also there is a dealer here that sells US spec cars to the US military tax free, After delivery to Germany I paid $21,060 USD for the 1.8t 2dR gti with the sunroof and monsoon package and the 17" wheels. I plan on getting a few euro goodies while I am here for it. I am not too sure of what to get though. I would like to get the euro R32 kit. I like the rear bumper on one of your cars it is the 4dr silver golf with the BBS CH wheels and he autocrosses I think his name is simon but isn't there 2 simons on here and both have silver golfs. I seen a pic of one of your meets and that bumper looks awesome. I am not sure what else to get though.
                          It's the full R32 Kit I believe. The bumper just doesn't have the exhaust cutouts? Someone else here will know for sure.
                          Jay

Comment

That is Simon L 's car (Boy Racer) and he has the full oem R line kit. The back bumper can have an exhaust cutout but it is designed for a 337/20th style exhaust. The black trim piece can either come with or without a hole and the bumper underneath has the cutout.

Thanks Kris
                            Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by bart
                              your 4 yr warranty is valid there though right?
                              unfourtunatly I only get a 2 year warranty. What euro parts should I get. I know a guy here that does rep work for ottinger and he told me of a few deals that I could get on ottinger parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X