2003 VW GLS Golf and 1982 JETTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 VW GLS Golf and 1982 JETTA

Ok I have to take new pictures of both my car my Hubby's Beater. You can't miss our beater its a RED 1982 VW Jetta - the Paint looks someone dropped acid on it it has white splot markers on the roof, hood and rear. It can be seen driving around Edmonton.

My Car Ok the photos I have don't have the tinted windows I hadn't done that yet in them.

Cordialtea
    Attached Files
    Some days you step in it, some days you don't.

Re: 2003 VW GLS Golf and 1982 JETTA

I can't see the pics....but I imagined them, and yeah, that paint is bad! maybe try again??
    2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
    2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
    2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMedic
      I can't see the pics....but I imagined them, and yeah, that paint is bad! maybe try again??
      I'll give it another go.

I don't have the beater car pictures on my computer. I deleted them off. I did have some on yahoo in the photo albums but again I deleted them off.

Here's my Car in Kelowna one week afterI bought it. I had to do a Road trip.

Cordialtea.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Cordialtea; 04-05-2005, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Re: 2003 VW GLS Golf

Another View of my car.
        Last edited by Cordialtea; 04-05-2005, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea
          Here's my Car in Kelowna one week afterI bought it. I had to do a Road trip.

Cordialtea.
          Let me guess that picture was taken in the glenmore area of kelowna?
          Ohh and I love that blue, one of my favorite VW colours.
          Last edited by Stonewall; 04-06-2005, 09:16 AM.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall
            Let me guess that picture was taken in the glenmore area of kelowna?
            Ohh and I love that blue, one of my favorite VW colours.
            Yes your your right my friends live there.

I love that blue too. They had no Blue VW Golfs on the lot when I went to buy it and they were trying to push me into the demo car and we all know how that can be. Anyhow my car was in Texas in the computer system getting its air bags put in when they were able to get it shipped up here to me.

I have 6 airbags in my car. My only complaint the seat covers I want seat covers that cover the back of my seats from dirt. I guess I'll have to make them.

Cordialtea.

Comment

That place is right off glenmore road right? I believe my wifes friend lives in there too. I grew up in kelowna so I know it pretty well
              Be careful with seatcovers as the airbag deployes out of the front seam on the back of the seat. Trust me I know all to well how well they deploy :(
              Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

That place is right off glenmore road right? I believe my wifes friend lives in there too. I grew up in kelowna so I know it pretty well
                Be careful with seatcovers as the airbag deployes out of the front seam on the back of the seat. Trust me I know all to well how well they deploy :(
                Yes it is near an IGA Store, Tim Hortons, Strip mall.

I have Family in Kelowna and in Vernon. My Cousin Scott does autobody in Vernon and has two Corrados (Sp?) Sorry if mangled the spelling. He and his Mom my first cousin who owns a 1992 Passat with sunroof got me hooked on Volkswagons.

My Husband likes my golf, so when he was looking for a little beater car to drive to College from where we live to save on gas he looked at VWS. We Found our 1982 Jetta in Nanaimo for $900.00.

Speaking of Gas Prices Here its 97.9. OUCH!

The only problem our beater has is that just doesn't have the power anymore. Its top speed now is 120 and will go no higher. I think the car is tired after all it is over 21 years old. My Husband hit a huge rain puddle on the inland hwy where you drive 110 Km/H and from Courtenay to Campbell River. The Car had to go into the shop it had some electrical issues which cost us $300.00.

I am very happy though that little Beater VW Jetta, Automatic made it all the way from Courtenay to Vernon and Vernon to Edmonton (Yellowheading it). With only one Major slow down going through the snow shed on the Coquihala Hwy where it slowed to 60 km/H going up that one long hill.

Cordialtea

Comment

Speaking of Travelling what is the quickest way from Vernon to Edmonton?

I know the Yellowhead takes forever.

Cordialtea

Comment

Originally posted by Cordialtea
                    Speaking of Travelling what is the quickest way from Vernon to Edmonton?

I know the Yellowhead takes forever.

Cordialtea
                    I always went through calgary to deadmonton. I know the feeling on old beaters, my 85 diesel had a nice top speed of aboiut 110 on flat ground! and going up the hill outside golden it hit a top speed of about 50 if I ran the piss out of it in 3rd gear and left a nice smoke screen for those behind me
                    Edit: I live in vernon too
                    Last edited by Stonewall; 04-06-2005, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Photoshop, because its such a nice side profile picture, and because I was bored at work...
                      Attached Files
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Once you've moved to Alberta you can take that awful front plate off!

Present
                        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                        2003 VW Jetta GLI
                        1992 VW Jetta GL
                        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

I always went through calgary to deadmonton. I know the feeling on old beaters, my 85 diesel had a nice top speed of aboiut 110 on flat ground! and going up the hill outside golden it hit a top speed of about 50 if I ran the piss out of it in 3rd gear and left a nice smoke screen for those behind me
                          Edit: I live in vernon too
                          You Probably know my Cousin he has a Red Corrado and lives in Vernon

Hey I will staying my cousins out off Ok Landing May 13/ 14 not sure what day we are leaving to get off this ROCK!

Cordialtea

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
                            Photoshop, because its such a nice side profile picture, and because I was bored at work...
                            I love those rims and the whole look.

Thanks Kor!

Cordialtea

Comment

Question: How much would wheels and rims like that cost? What else did you do to this pic?

Cordialtea

Comment

Working...
                              X