My '88 Jetta Slalom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '88 Jetta Slalom

This is my "baby"-- got it at Northland VW during our Olympic year!! It's mostly stock, with the only add-ons: an aftermarket grill, which incorporates driving lights, dual roll up screens in the back window, the latest, an acrylic rock deflector, to replace the bra I had on it for over 10 years (it was starting to rub and ruin the paint..), a Compustar alarm system installed last year, after my Clifford alarm finally quit after many years of service, and about 3 years ago, a new Pioneer cassette deck (with removeable face plate), changing out the rear deck factory speakers with same size better speakers, and a 6 CD changer mounted in the trunk. My main hobby is just keeping it spotless, which my wife classifies as "excessive compulsive" behavior. It has been involved in 1 front collision, and 2 rear enders, and has also been in to the bodyshop (Coachworks) for at least 3 rust removal sessions over the course of the last 17 years. My last body shop work (last year) included removing rust that had been forming around the gas filler tube and nozzle opening, and rust that formed in the wheel wells where the mud flaps were attached (Coachworks re-installed them, using aluminum rivets, which should help with the rust elimination!)The Slalom edition came with a ski sack, heated power mirrors, 4 doors only, heated front seats (added by Northland), mags and the wider tires, 6 speaker cassette deck, and crank windows and sunroof. It gets great gas mileage (158,000 kilos), runs great, and has never let me down yet!! Let's hear it for Jettas!!!
    Attached Files

Re: My '88 Jetta Slalom

Wow, I can't believe you managed to not go nuts driving the same car for 17 years! Looks like its in great shape too
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

Thats pretty sweet! It looks in great shape. Come to think of it my Mom had a Jetta Flair edition, around that time, would have been my first VW experience.
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

mk2's kick ass

Comment

Working...
        X