Wheels For The Smart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels For The Smart

Well I am really working at squeezing a few bucks out for a set of wheels for the Smart, now that I have most of the house mods complete.

I am looking at 16s as they seem a good size and not too crazy expensive but I have a couple of choices that I am looking at.

First is Schmidt Space' and really how can you go wrong with Schmidts.

Now for a very different style is the OEM Crossblade wheels, which are a 3 spoke, but I think they work on a Smart.

Now which ones do you think would look better on my car??
    Schmidt Space
    0%
    OEM Crossblade
    0%

The poll is expired.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Wheels For The Smart

The crossblades make the wheel look bigger, much bigger. More empty space on the inside. I think that it does work for a smart.

I voted Schmidt though because I think that the crossblade is pretty angular and I am not sure I dig the darker color on a smart. Any kind of aggressiveness on a smart is kinda just posing, in a way?

The Schmidt on the other hand is just a solid euro wheel and although its a bit funky it is still a Schmidt.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The OEM's, are the avilable in silver? I thinkthey would look excellent on your car.

Comment

Honestly though if you can get a little more poke in the rear, I think it would look good on a smart car. Little deeper dish.
        KR
        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Schmidt's please
          Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Lorinser?

KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Yeah the Lorinsers are 17", but if you get Roadster fitment the backs have big lip but then you need the wide fenders which is cool but now you are looking at $5,000 to run that setup which is just too much.

The OEMs are available in silver but I should also mention the Schmidts are 1,000 cheaper then the 3 spokes
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

The Lorinsers look pretty hot as shown though.
                KR
                Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Lorinser wheels painted black

RH, Lorinser and Brabus wheels

My main issue is that it is very hard to get wheels for this car that are not costing 3k plus so the Schmidts are actually an economical choice too, strange but true!
                  Blair

Comment

How much are the Schmidts? UK sites list the Lorinsers as low as £799 soo $1600ish but then you'd have to ship from the UK. I'm sure you've looked into all this already though so I dunno what I am doing, just annoying you

I think most people are sold on the Schmidts, if they're more affordable than the Lorinsers then they're my favourite too.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I can get the Schmidts from Tunershop in the US (Free shipping too) for $1,700 US with rubber, so with duty and tax a bit over 2 grand I think.
                      Blair

Comment

That is pretty good, I'd get the Schmidts I guess
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I like the schmidts or the RH's above. If they are cheaper then no brainer. I don't think I like the 3 spokes that much and I don't think they stand out enough especially if they are more money.
                          Jay

Comment

Here's the thing that I don't like about the Space line.

Anyone remember good old "Niche road wheels". These wheels used to be HUGE in the Honda scene back in the late 90's.

Here's a classic Niche wheel called "Shocking Shock":

The Scmidht's look exactly like that wheel. Now if someone was to rock the Niche version on a Euro people would be like WTF DID YOU DO. But the Scmidht version is cool for some reason.

I like the Lorinser's the best. There is a guy in Saskatoon with those wheels on his car and a whole bunch of other mods, the wheels look insane in person. They make the car look like a micro-machine. Very nice wheels.

Between the Scmidht's and the Crossblades I'd take the Crossblades. The Scmidht's look small and plain.

Comment

I'd rock the schmidts. They just look far cleaner and crisper. Altho the crossblades work on some cars, the smart (IMHO) is all about clean and precise technology, and I think the schimdts just add to that. I'm sold.

Comment

Working...
                              X