Andy's build up thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy's build up thread.

well i decided to post some pics of my new car. it's in rough shape right now. i don't have pics of what the car looked like when i picked it up, these are pics from later that night. needless to say it was in a bit of a fender bender and needed some TLC. no rust though which is unbeilevable! the pile on the left of the screen is for the garbage. and the stuff lined up along the wall on the right are my new toys!

i plan on painting it alpine white lowered on RM's (if i can find any for sale! haha)

interior is going to be all reupholsterd.

and as for the motor it's going to be an ABA 2.0 Turrbo

i've had the car for about a week. these pics are a little dated. i've reupholsterd all the door cards as well as the headliner. <--- defenetly a b!tch on the MK II the headliner crumbles, and cracks! so i ended up renforcing it with some fiberglass resin. it worked great.

i decided to dynamat the entire interrior, after going for a ride in my uncles 750Li . so it's been dynamated from top to bottom. so no more rattles! and i finished laying my new carpet down! i'll post more updatted pics when i get a minute. but for now enjoy.

and more mods to come when i pay off my visa

does anyone have an orbital sander i could borrow in exchange for some beer?

Re: Andy's build up thread.

looks like a fun project

white with rm's will look good plus it will be fast
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've got an orbital sander around here, and if not there's usually about 6 in the shop. I'll take a look and let you know tomorrow. So long as we've got a few in the shop I can lend ya one for a little bit.
      Last edited by Chikko; 11-02-2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Awesome sounding project Andrew, cant wait to see it come together and keep posting up pics!!!

Edit: Thread moved
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

That's awesome man!! Can't wait to see it.

I'm so jealous, I can't wait for my garage (if they ever decide to build my house).
          Jay

Comment

Nice to see your project starting those seats look sweet. Looking forward to see it come together! What year is it?
            Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
            2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2911401

rm's for ya
              Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

^^^ Those look very nice!!!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

thanks dayle! i messaged her. i might have to color match those centers...

Comment

Just curious on if theres been any progress? Hopefully its coming together nicely.
                    Chris :

2004 Jetta TDI Sport SOLD
                    2010 Toyota Tundra CrewCab TRD

Comment

Working...
                    X