Lotus Project Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus Project Eagle

Here is the first pic of Lotus' Project Eagle, the real name is uncertain but this is supposed to be a mid-engine V8 car.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Lotus Project Eagle

Some details, not a V8 as I said earlier..

Lotus today sent out the first official image of its long-awaited 2+2 coupe, which is expected to roll off production lines wearing the Eagle badge. As expected, power will come from a Toyota V6 displacing 3.5 liters, and a slightly higher output of 276 horsepower and 250lb-ft of torque than it makes in the Camry sedan.

Lotus’ first new car since the Elise was launched in 1995, Project Eagle will be the first mid-engined 2+2 in the world, the company claims. A strict two-seat version will also be offered, and the trunk in either version will swallow the ubiquitous set of golf clubs. Performance should be heady, with the slushbox Camry making the sprint from rest to 60mph in under six seconds, the new Lotus sports car should be able to do the same feat in well under five. The company also claims a 160mph top speed for the car.

ABS brakes along with traction and stability control systems developed with Bosch will be standard fare on the Eagle, Europa, or whatever the car will come to be called.

The interior of the sports car will feature leather seating and trim surfaces, blue LED lighting for the controls and a 7-inch touchscreen navigation system from Alpine. Storage bins, a glove box and cup holders are other niceties Lotus drivers haven’t seen lots of lately. Air conditioning, Bluetooth connectivity, a tire pressure monitoring system and iPod connection will all be standard or optional in the car, depending on the market it’s meant for.

The car will officially debut, along with its name, at the London Motor Show on July 22. Production examples will start arriving at dealers in the spring of next year, with a limited run of 2,000 units, each priced at an equivalent of nearly $90,000. Lotus promises to launch a convertible version of the new car, as well as a higher performance model by October of 2011.
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

i like

Comment

Wowza... how much better could it get?

Oh yeah, a V-8 with twin turbos.

haha

Those are some sexy lines though... really. Wow.
        Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
        Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
        Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

vs. Artega GT?
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Sweet
            Cam

2004 VW R32 Turbo

Comment

Officially called Evora, 276 hp V6 2+2

Blair

Comment

Love it!! I want one, how much are they? How much oil does it burn from the factory?
                Jay

Comment

I love it.

Lets look at the cut through diagram though, I particularly like the ghost in the back seat whose knees can magically coexist with seat and human backs. Oh and the drivers accelerator foot is exactly where it needs to be.. buried. Lets not talk about the need for better attention to detail on the females top bollocks shape... I guess lotus engineers dont get to see the real thing too often
                  EU Tuning
                  European Performance Products
                  www.eutuning.ca
                  slomas@upsolute.com

Comment

Hahaha

Originally posted by Boy Racer View Post
                    I love it.

Lets look at the cut through diagram though, I particularly like the ghost in the back seat whose knees can magically coexist with seat and human backs.
                    I noticed that too, she must be sitting on the passenger side with a shorter person in front.
                    Jay

Comment

lol i love it!

Comment

Maybe they have seen to many Madonna videos?
                        Name: Brent
                        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
                        X