Range rover vs Mercedes g Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range rover vs Mercedes g Help

hey guys i have 2005 mercedes ml 350 se and i want a buy a new suv and i cant decide between a range rover and a mercedes g class i like both of them.i hear that rovers brake down fast and not reliable and drinks way to much gas and for the g class,well i havent heard much about it.what are the pros and cons for both cars it... this should be a good conversation.o btw im not a off roader

Re: Range rover vs Mercedes g Help

Why do you want an SUV? If you need to cart stuff around, there are a lot of hot hatches and sport wagons available these days.
    Yuval
    2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Those crossover's have gotten really popular. And most of them look better than an SUV anyways.
      Im not to sure on the Mercedes. Their cars have good reviews for sure.
      The Range Rover is ok, I believe its a little over rated for the price that they ask for most of them.
      -Drew
      2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
      1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

Originally posted by uv23 View Post
        Why do you want an SUV? If you need to cart stuff around, there are a lot of hot hatches and sport wagons available these days.
        well i like suv's i have 05 merc ml right now and got bored of it.i always buy suv i just like them i used to have 03 x5.now i know im gonna get one of the two just can decide which one to get i like the looks of both cars but i dont know which one is more reliable.well actually i hear from lot of ppl that the rr is piece of **** and expensive to maintenance and dont know anything about the g class.

Comment

range rover has won an unofficial award or two for most $$ maintaining per mile. Not sure which models where the bad ones though. i'm not an suv guy at all though. doing my best to keep suv's and minivans out of my driveway.
          Last edited by stefan; 07-22-2008, 10:24 PM.
          Stefan
          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

i dont get it why dont ppl like suv's, ok i understand minivans but suv's are not bad.and i've been researching rr forums and everyone ssays rr are the worst hehe.i guess the g class is gonna be my second benz in the driveway

Comment

i dunno.. i can take me, my wife, my baby, and my dog in my jetta, with a thule box on a 1000 km road trip on a tank of fuel. I filled up in Calgary a week ago, and I'm in kelowna now, a week later, still crusing on the same tank. I do have to be a little strategic packing, but it makes for cheap driving if you do 35-40,000km/year. suv would just cut in to the budget a little much, for me at least. Are you buying brand new? or lightly used?

and i'm not arguing they aren't nice.. they just aren't for me.
              Stefan
              -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
              -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

yea your right.i fill the tank in my benz like every 3 days i pay way too much for gas but i drive alot.im gonna get used im never gettng new again i bought the 05 merc new for 74k and when then new 63 amg came out i wanted to buy it and the dealer gave me just over 40k it was brand new it was like 3 months old

Comment

Perhaps you could entertain one of those VW tourags. They have a tdi engine in them (atleast I know its an option) and they are pretty good looking. Especially the interior
                  -Drew
                  2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
                  1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

im not a off roader
                    .i always buy suv
                    OMFG.....

Words fail me.

The reality of your maintenance question is that ALL modern "SUVs" such as these that you speak are incredibly complicated and thus have stupidly high maintenance costs. A RR is no worse than anything else. IMO, they are all crap (all modern SUVs of this ilk) and have no purpose for being.

Comment

Maybe its the 'brand name' craze... but theres about 40 people with either a Range Rover or a Range Rover Sport in an area about 13 x 3 'city blocks'(streets and aves) near where I live. Must be a reason so many people so close together own 'em. If they werent reliable, I dont know if they'd be so popular amongst neighboors. I see way more of the Land Rover Make than Mercedes Make in terms of SUVs in my area.
                      Chris W.
                      '99 Wolfsburg Golf - Mk3 - 2.0L

Comment

land rover on my street has been there for over a month with a flat tire and an open sunroof. called the parking authority and it hasen't been registered under the plate on it since 2002. could probably take that one and nobody would notice.
                        Stefan
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Someone hasnt had it towed yet? After sitting there a month? Must be stolen from somewhere insane. Wheres the plate on it from? if its expired, it certainly cant be sitting on the road. Haha.
                          Chris W.
                          '99 Wolfsburg Golf - Mk3 - 2.0L

Comment

it was dropped there by city towing. By dropped, I mean shook the s**t out of it till it more or less fell of the end of the flat deck (hence the flat tire). AB plates. Plates on it aren't stolen at least.
                            Stefan
                            -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Rovers are played, get the G wagon.

My cousin has a Lorinser edition G-Wagon and it is sick.
                              Tint sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X