Hispano Suiza (Audi R8 Based)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hispano Suiza (Audi R8 Based)

A new management team trying to revive a pre-World War II brand has lifted the lid off their new car. The new Hispano Suiza is initially based on the Audi R8 5.2-liter V10 before heavy modifications are made all around.

Those mods start with the aluminum and magnesium space frame, which is extended at the front. Body paneling is rebuilt to give the car a new design, with carbon fiber used throughout. A completely new interior was also installed, lined all over with an appealing looking leather. What appears to be metal badging looks to have been set into the upper part of the seat back.

Whether you like the look or not, many of the changes must have helped on one level. The car now weighs 1,590 kilograms (3505 lbs), 30kg (66 lbs) less than the Audi R8 V10, but still 42kg (92.5 lbs) more than the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

At a press conference in Geneva, company executives say they want the car to reflect their new core values of "performance, quality and prestige." For this, the company has chosen to work with Motoren Technik Mayer, aka MTM, who has mounted two electric-driven superchargers to the V10. This has boosted power to 750 PS (552 kW / 740 bhp), with torque output now up to 700 Nm (516 ft-lb).

With the retuned engine, the car sprints to 100 km/h in 3.4 seconds. Its top speed is listed at 211 mph (340 km/h). A hybrid model is also being considered that would match the engine with a 150 PS (110 kW / 148 hp) electric motor, bringing power up to 900 PS (663 kW / 889 hp). All-electric driving will be possible at limited distances.

The Hispano Suiza can be had for €700,000. Up to 25 units are expected to be sold annually.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Hispano Suiza (Audi R8 Based)

Cool but a little too weird for me.
    ~Tracy~
    MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
    Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

i'll be honest on this one.....

Edit: I do like the rims however. pretty nice design there!
      Last edited by P Arkus; 03-03-2010, 11:06 AM.
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

fugly

Comment

wierd

Comment

back end is less ugly than the front
            MKV GTI
            '73 Westfalia

Comment

It's weird, but they are going to sell like hot cakes.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

I am torn. I like it, but yet think it is strange. Needs more time.

Comment

Working...
                X