Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus News

2015 Lotus Elise

Lotus has unveiled the 2015 Elise at the Paris Motor Show.

Available as a coupe and roadster (the Exige name will apparently be dropped), the new Elise features shark-inspired styling, floating taillights, and a variety of carbon fiber components. Furthermore, thanks to a longer extruded aluminum chassis, entry and egress should be vastly improved.

Power is provided by a supercharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine which produces 300 PS (221 kW / 296 hp) and 350 PS (257 kW / 345 hp). Paired to a robotized manual transmission, the 1095 kg (2,414 lb) Elise should be fairly quick.

While the current Elise starts around £27,450 the 2015 model is expect to retail for £40,000.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Lotus News

too sick

Comment

Lotus Esprit

The Lotus bonanza continues as the company has unveiled the £110,00 Esprit revival.

Set to go on sale in 2013, the car features an aggressive front bumper, LED daytime driving lights, and a center-mounted dual exhaust system. Inside, the cabin has a minimalist design with a sport steering wheel, a digital instrument cluster, and carbon fiber trim.

Power is provided by a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine with 550 PS (405 kW / 543 hp). It is connected to a seven-speed paddle-shift transmission, which should enable the 1495 kg (3,296lb) car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in under 3.5 seconds. Of course, if that doesn't sound fast enough, Lotus will happily sell you an Esprit R with 620 PS (456 kW / 612 hp).

Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Lotus Eterne

Lotus has stuned the media with the Eterne four-door coupe unveiling at the Paris Motor Show today.

Details are limited, but the car is based on 2014 Elite. This means power will likely be provided by a 5.0-liter V8 engine with 620 PS (456 kW / 612 hp) and 720 Nm (531 lb-ft) of torque. A hybrid variant will also be offered and it will use a Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) and, possibly, a Lexus-sourced transmission with two integrated electric motors.

Set to go on sale in 2015, the Eterne will carry a base price of approximately £120,000.

Blair

Comment

One more, the Lotus Elan!

Remember the Lotus Elan from the early 90's? Forget it! The company has unveiled a reincarnated rear-wheel drive model.

While it looks like an angry Honda CR-Z, the new performance coupe aims to become a legitimate rival to the Porsche 911. This is no easy task, but Lotus feels confident in their newest model.

Power is provided by a mid-mounted 4.0-liter V6 engine with 450 PS (331 kW / 444 hp) and 465 Nm (343 lb-ft) of toque. It is backed up by a seven-speed DCT transmission, which enables the 1,295 kg (2,855 lb) car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.5 seconds and hit a top speed of 310 km/h (193 mph). If that fails to attract your attention, perhaps you'll be interested in the hybrid variant which will have CO2 emissions as low as 199 g/km.

On sale in the fall of 2013, the Elan will carry a base price of approximately £75,000.

Blair

Comment

i'll take 'em all!

Comment

Oh snap! Me too!
              Chris

Comment

There's a ton of retro lines on the last one, they're all JIMP worthy.

Music to permeate your soul …
                Jayson
                MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Wow!!!!

Comment

Gorgeous cars, but the styling doesn't really say lotus to me.
                    MKV GTI
                    '73 Westfalia

Comment

Some real world pics from the Paris Auto show, gorgeous cars!!

Elan

Elise

Esprit

Eterne

Blair

Comment

crazy lines! aston door handles.

i want to see those headlights in the real world

Comment

I will have a esprit .... i am going to have it . i want that car . the elan is hawt too but the v8 s . Put in the jizz in my pants giff here ------->
                          sigpic

Comment

chris when you buy the new espirit i'll buy your avant from you

Comment

Deal i orderd mine the avant is yours for $160,000
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X