McLaren MP4-12C Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLaren MP4-12C Spider

Right on queue, McLaren Automotive has released details and photos of the new Spider variant of the MP4-12C sports car as well as launching an online configurator at: www.configure.mclaren.com.

The 12C Spider is equipped with a Unique Retractable Hard Top (RHT) that operates at speeds up to 19 mph (30 km/h). McLaren asserts the carbon MonoCell body structure is identical to the 12C coupe.

Unsurprisingly, the powertrain remains the same with its 625 PS (460 KW / 616 hp) 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 engine which transmits power via a 7-Speed SSG dual-clutch transmission. However, despite the RHT, McLaren has managed to retain a clear view of the 12C Spider's engine through a glass screen positioned behind the tonneau cover.

Already available to order through 38 McLaren retailers worldwide, pricing for the 12C spider starts at £195,500 in the UK. First deliveries are planned for November this year.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: McLaren MP4-12C Spider

AMAZING...AMAZING...AMAZING...Why can't I win the damn lottery!!!???
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

agree that is hot as ****

Comment

Awesome car! Spent part of lunch configuring my car
        --
        Rod
        Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
        2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

i did too.. printed the PDF and put it at my desk

Comment

Aside from the weird venty thing on the rear decklid I like it much better than the coupe!
            Levi.W
            78 BMW 635CSi - Project
            91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Working...
            X