MINI John Cooper Works GP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINI John Cooper Works GP

The quickest MINI ever built is heading to the Paris Motor Show at the end of the month, before going into a limited production series of 2,000 units. In the United Kingdom, the MINI John Cooper Works GP is going to have a starting price of 28,790 pounds. This money buys you a car that can do a lap of the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 8:23 and performs the 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in 6.3 seconds, before hitting a top speed of 150 mph (242 km/h).

To achieve these impressive features it has a heavily modified 1.6-liter, 4-cylinder turbo engine that generates 218 HP (160 kW) and a peak torque of 191 lb-ft (260 Nm). This is going to be the first MINI to come with an individually adjustable coilover suspension that allows the ride height to be lowered by as much as 20mm.

The stopping power of the MINI John Cooper Works GP is provided by the 6-piston fixed-caliper disc brakes. The vented front discs measure 330mm x 25mm while the ones for the rear wheels measure 280mm x 11mm. It rides on a bespoke set of 17-inch lightweight alloy wheels with 215/40 R17 sporty tires.

If you plan on buying this car you’ll have to think about which one of your friends you want to take for a ride as it doesn’t come with a back seat in order to lower the curb weight. As for the body kit, it makes the car look considerably more aggressive, with the more masculine side skirts, rear diffuser and the carbon fiber wing located above the backlight.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: MINI John Cooper Works GP

I actually like the exterior styling of this car quite a bit, the 4 spoke wheels are certainly different and give it an oddball vibe. However the interior is ridiculous IMO. I don't think the people behind you need to be able to read what speed you are going....

Comment

That oversized speedometer has been a mini cooper trademark for years. Its the main reason I would never buy one....even though I love them so much!
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Not a fan of them wheels though. Heck... paint the roof white... throw on a set of Ronal Teddies... Done!

Rob
        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by P Arkus View Post
          That oversized speedometer has been a mini cooper trademark for years. Its the main reason I would never buy one....even though I love them so much!
          The latest rumors suggest the next generation of MINI will loose the center speedo and switch to a traditional setup.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Wow that is allot of brake for a small car, not something I would buy but probally would kick ass at a autocross event
            Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

Working...
            X