Jaguar F-Type Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jaguar F-Type Coupe

I guess I'm the only one thats not 100% in love with the car. I love the rear of the car (especially the way the rear hatch/window opens sideways like the old e type) but don't love the front.

And Kor is absolutely right about the sound. I hear them quite a bit as Jag is right beside us and its sounds horrible. Very unrefined!
    Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
    -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I am sure the sound is fun at first if you have never owned a loud car, but then you get tired of it very fast. Sometimes you want to get on the throttle but still have a quiet conversation with your passenger or not startle all the other drivers around you or look like a hotshot. If you like that kind of sound, any car can have it with an aftermarket exhast.

I read one reviewer say you could turn the exhaust sound off with a button? If true that totally makes more sense.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
        I read one reviewer say you could turn the exhaust sound off with a button? If true that totally makes more sense.
        Yep, there's a sport button that changes the exhaust note.
        Scott
        '23 Audi Q5 Technik | Ultra Blue Metallic | Black​
        '01 DC5 Honda Integra Type R | Championship White | Red

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
          I guess I'm the only one thats not 100% in love with the car. I love the rear of the car (especially the way the rear hatch/window opens sideways like the old e type) but don't love the front.

And Kor is absolutely right about the sound. I hear them quite a bit as Jag is right beside us and its sounds horrible. Very unrefined!
          I disagree, but I can definitely see it getting very old.
          Daily: 2015 VW Jetta Trendline + (his) 2018 VW Tiguan Comfortline (hers) 2011 Volvo C30 R-Design: Orange Flame Metallic, Polestar, Milltek non-resonated exhaust, Various OEM+ accessories

Toy: 1992 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible: Talladega Red, 16in Aero wheels, 5MT.

Comment

I think they sound awesome

V6 Sound File

V8 Sound File
            MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

agree.. v8 is raspy but amazing either way

Comment

Wow I can't believe you would post that sound clip of the V8 to showcase how great it sounds!!! Stand by my original statement. Sounds obnoxious!
                Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
                  Wow I can't believe you would post that sound clip of the V8 to showcase how great it sounds!!! Stand by my original statement. Sounds obnoxious!
                  Was that directed at me?

I posted both the V6 and the V8. I personally like the V6 better haha.
                  MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

Originally posted by Kg810 View Post
                    Was that directed at me?

I posted both the V6 and the V8. I personally like the V6 better haha.
                    Ha Ha!! Yes it was! V6 sounds decent. V8 sounds terrible!
                    Derek

-1996 C4S-Fat Ass
                    -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Well I guess I lean to the obnoxious, because the wife and I love the V8 clip

....But that shouldn't surprise anyone that knows me
                      Last edited by Mantis; 11-22-2013, 06:22 AM.
                      I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

I am sure those recordings were not recorded inside the cabin of the cars and it is impossible to get the true feel of an exhaust sound from a you tube video. You loose the feel of the low frequencies that hit you in the chest. Modern euro manufacturers tune exhausts for the sounds that the driver experiences, and I am sure you can carry out a conversation or hear your ABBA on the stereo.

Since when is sounding like a muscle car all that bad? Some where in another thread someone said that the b7 RS4 with open pipes sounded like a muscle car. Really!! If the best sounding engine on the planet sounds like a muscle car then that has to be a great thing. I am all for having cars sound like 302 small blocks not hybrid Lexus mills.

Comment

In the new Top Gear special Clarkson drove around in the F-Type with the V8 and yes one of the comments was how loud it was. He loved it though...and while I love the loud obnoxious cars, I think over time it might make me punch it less than if if was a little more "refined".

I've noticed this with my car. Since my bestest buddy Ryan spent 10 gruelling hours installing the exhaust on my car I have found on occasion that I let off the gas to not be so obnoxious to those around me...
                          --
                          Rod
                          Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
                          2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

Jaguar has announced the implementation of an all-wheel drive system for the F-Type range.

There were rumors about an AWD F-Type and now Jaguar has made the news official and they say the F-Type R Coupe can sprint to 60 mph (96 km/h) in 3.9 seconds which makes it 0.1s quicker than its rear-wheel drive sibling while the top speed has remained the same at an electronically-capped 186 mph (300 km/h).

Coinciding with the all-wheel drive F-Type launch is Jaguar's announcement to collaborate with the British World Land Speed Record Team. The technological partnership between Jaguar and The Bloodhound Project aims to establish a land speed record of more than 1,000 mph (1,609 km/h) in 2016 to take down the current record of 763.035 mph (1,227 km/h) established back in 1997 by Andy Green in a Thrust SSC who will also get to drive the Bloodhound Supersonic car.

Getting back to the AWD F-Type, the range will be introduced on November 19 at the Los Angeles Auto Show and Jaguar says next year the model family will be expanded from 6 to 14 members and among these will probably be versions equipped with a manual gearbox as well as a four-cylinder Ingenium engine.

Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Jaguar has officially announced plans to introduce the new F-Type SVR at the Geneva Motor Show.

Set to go on sale this summer, the high-performance model was created to exploit the "sports car's full potential while retaining its day-to-day usability."

The company has details under wraps but the model has an aggressive front fascia with larger air intakes and a new splitter. The sports car has also been equipped with a ventilated hood, a titanium exhaust system, and an active rear spoiler that automatically extends and retracts according to the car's speed. Fans will also notice a set of20-inch forged aluminum wheels that are shod in Pirelli P Zero tires.

The interior largely carries over but designers added a sport steering wheel, brush aluminum trim and quilted Performance seats with an Argyle-inspired pattern.

Jaguar might be playing coy on specifics but a brochure leak revealed the model will be powered by a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine that develops 575 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque. It will be connected to an eight-speed automatic transmission and an all-wheel drive system that will enable the coupe to accelerate from 0-62 miles hour in 3.7 seconds before hitting a top speed of 200 mph. The convertible offers similar performance but its top speed is slightly lower at 193 mph.

Blair
                              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

love jag nowadays!

Comment

Working...
                                X