McLaren 570S Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McLaren 570S Coupe

McLaren has officially unveiled the 570S Coupe set to debut tomorrow at the New York Auto Show.

The baby McLaren inaugurates the company's Sports Series range and adopts a familiar design while the twin-turbo V8 3.8-liter engine has been carried over from its bigger brothers. However, it has 30% new components and develops 570 HP (419 kW) at 7,400 rpm and 600 Nm (443 lb-ft) between 5,000 rpm and 6,500 rpm sent to the rear wheels through the familiar seven-speed SSG.

Tipping the scales at only 1,313 kg (2,895 lbs), the McLaren 570S Coupe will need 3.2 seconds until 62 mph (100 km/h), 9.5 seconds to hit 124 mph (200 km/h) and will top out at 204 mph (328 km/h). Weight is distributed 42:58 front/rear and McLaren says their entry-level model can return 25.5 mpg US (30.6 mpg UK or 9.2 liters / 100 km) in the combined cycle with corresponding CO2 emissions of 258 g/km.

It benefits from a newly developed front and rear suspension with adaptive dampers, front & rear anti-rollbars and double wishbones. It sits on 19-inch front & 20-inch rear alloy wheels wrapped around in 225/35/R19 front & 285/35/R20 rear Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires with stopping power provided by standard carbon ceramic brakes.

Stepping inside the driver-focused cabin, it gets a new TFT digital instrument cluster and a seven-inch IRIS touchscreen system that integrates all climate controls and also provides access to Bluetooth, DAB digital radio and SIRIUS satellite radio. At an additional cost, customers can order Alcantara and Nappa leather upholsteries as well as a carbon fiber trim. McLaren is also offering a superior eight-speaker sound system as well as a 12-speaker Bowers & Wilkins audio system with 1,280-watt of power.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: McLaren 570S Coupe

WOW. Just wow...

I didn't realize they were working on another model. I love this thing. I actually prefer this to the 650S and outgoing MP4. Any word on pricing? Love it love it love it!

Bart –*time to put down a deposit!
    2008 Audi RS4
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Sorry – just googled the price and it's going to be around $180K to compete with Porsche and Audi R8.
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Looking to be about 30% or so cheaper than a 650S according to the UK pricing I have found.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

That shot of the grey one from the rear 1/4 is just stunning!!!

Comment

Saw this at the auto show on Sunday. Very nice.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful inside and out.
              Chris

Comment

Such a nice car. However I feel that they are turning away from their exclusivity
                Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Wow, I bet we see alot of these on the streets...
                  Is there even a dealer in Canada?
                  ~~TODD~~
                  '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dubbs View Post
                    Wow, I bet we see alot of these on the streets...
                    Is there even a dealer in Canada?
                    yupp

Pfaff in the east i believe and in Vancouver to I think. In Calgary they run out of Kulu still I believe
                    Last edited by Natty54; 03-31-2015, 09:32 PM.
                    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Yep vancouver has a dealership just a block off Burrard, where all the other super luxury dealers are at.

Comment

Originally posted by witchcraftz View Post
                        Saw this at the auto show on Sunday. Very nice.
                        Probably a 650s as this one has not even debuted at any shows till New York this week. This is the baby McLaren so there will be in effect 3 levels now, P1, 650/675 and 570.

They are fairly common over here too, but I guess that is to be a bit more expected but I think a good rival to a 458. I think this will be a big seller too, as it seems to be more than 70% of a 650 but at only 70% the price...
                        Blair

Comment

Show floor pics

Blair

Comment

Even cheaper version!

McLaren has unveiled their new 540C Coupe at the Shanghai Motor Show.

Set to become the second member of the Sport Series lineup, the 540C follows in the footsteps of the 570S but adopts a "subtly revised aerodynamic package" as well as unique 19- / 20-inch wheels with silver or stealth finish.

Moving on to the interior, drivers will find themselves surround by premium leather upholstery as it covers the seats, dashboard and door panels. The car also boasts a seven-inch infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity and GPS navigation.

Power is provided by a twin-turbo 3.8-liter V8 engine that produces 540 PS (533 bhp / 397) and 540 Nm (398 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a seven-speed seamless shift gearbox (SSG) which enables the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.5 seconds, 0-200 km/h (0-124 mph) in 10.5 seconds and on to a top speed of 320 km/h (199 mph). The engine also has a start/stop system which allows the 540C to return 25.5 mpg on the EU combined cycle and have CO2 emissions of 258 g/km.

Additional changes are limited but McLaren says the 540C has retuned dampers which are better suited for day-to-day driving. The company also pointed out the use of aluminum body panels and a carbon fiber monocoque enable the 540C to have a dry weight of 1,311 kg (2,890 lbs) which makes it almost 150 kg (330 lbs) lighter than its closest competitor.

The 540C will become McLaren's "most attainable" model to date and pricing starts at £126,000. The car will be offered globally and the company is currently accepting pre-orders with deliveries scheduled for early next year.

Blair

Comment

The ML for the normal people? Looks like even high end car makers have realized they need a bigger market base. The good thing about it is this kind of design will start to make it's way into more commonly available normal cars too. Can't wait for a corolla that looks like a ML!

Comment

Working...
                              X