2007 Lotus Europa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Lotus Europa

The new Lotus Europa S, a Grand Tourer (GT) inspired two-seater will provide Lotus customers with a spectacular sportscar with significantly enhanced levels of touring and cruising capability. It will provide drivers with higher levels of practicality and refinement to complement the simplicity of the Lotus Elise and Exige models.

The Lotus Europa S follows the core Lotus philosophy of performance through light weight enabling this refined and very high performing GT car to weigh just 995 kg. This low weight has been obtained through the clever use of advanced and high tech materials including an extruded and bonded aluminium chassis, composite body panels and a very advanced composite energy absorbing front crash structure.

When compared to the award winning Lotus Elise, the Europa S has a larger boot / luggage
    compartment and easier cabin access, resulting from lower chassis sides and a higher roof line.
    Coupled with luxuries such as full leather interior, driver and passenger airbags and carpets all as
    standard, Lotus has created a “Business Class” driving experience. However, the Europa S is not a derivative of the Elise or the Exige and has been allocated a separate Lotus type number of Type 121 - the Elise and Exige are both Type 111.

The new mid-engined coupe will deliver high levels of performance from a high torque (263 Nm or 194 lbft at 4200 rpm) 2.0-litre turbo engine producing 149 kW (200 hp or 203 PS) at 5400rpm. The Lotus Europa S achieves around 90% of its maximum torque at only 2000 rpm to give “super car” levels of acceleration from low engine speeds, propelling the car from 0 –96 km/h (60 mph) in around 5.5 seconds, and 160 km/h (100 mph) in around 14 seconds. Maximum speed is approximately 225 km/h (140 mph). Being a Lotus, the Europa S has a phenomenal power to weight ratio of 201 hp / tonne (204 PS / tonne or 6.68 kg / kW).

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2007 Lotus Europa

I dunno, this car does absolutely nothing for me.

It doesn't fit in at all with what a Lotus is supposed to be, in my opinion.
    2008 Audi RS4
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

^^^ I am sure you will be much happier when the next Espirt comes out
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

looks kinda like a rsx had sex with a new mustang.. something like that

Comment

Front looks like a chewed Modena.

Gimme an Elise, in blue or red please.

Khyron
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

It kind of reminds me of a Vauxhall VX220(?). It's ok, but no where near as "exotic" looking as those that have gone before.

I want one of THESE!!!! (Geoff this is the car I was talking about).

It's for sale too!!

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...ial_s%26sa%3DG
            Last edited by Tuna; 08-04-2006, 06:17 PM.
            Jay

Comment

Working...
            X