Bentley Havana Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bentley Havana Coupe

CAR Online today brings you an sneak preview of Bentley's new flagship coupe. Tipped to be called Havana, it's the ultimate in conspicuous consumption, with a price in excess of £200,000, a V8 engine serving up enough torque to make the earth spin backwards and the most sumptuous interior this side of a sultan's palace. The Havana is expected at spring 2007 Geneva motor show, with sales following in 2008.

It's another indication of Bentley's stunning transformation, from Brit also ran selling 2000 cars a year to a strong luxury player shifting five times that amount. For more on Bentley's strategy, read the interview with boss Franz-Josef Paefgen in the December issue of CAR Magazine

The Havana is a fixed-head version of the Azure 2+2-seat convertible. Although our spy couldn't bag the front end, it's virtually indistinguishable from the £222,650 drop top, with its twin circular lamps and mesh-filled grille as big as a barn. Measuring around 5.4m-long and weighing around 2.5 tonnes, the old-school Havana needs a big lump to offer effortless performance. And it gets one. The Azure's 6.75-litre twin-turbo V8serves up 450bhp and an immense 645lb ft of torque, enough to waft the barge to 62mph from standstill in a hot hatch-beating 6.0sec or so. Top speed will be limited to 155mph, a speed that can be achieved in serene comfort.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Bentley Havana Coupe

Sooooooooo old-manish
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

i concur

Comment

Its HUGE!!
        Got 5?

Comment

I think the wheels would make for an interesting swap
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Yea i'd rock those wheels, in 16 :P
            I'd like to make a statment!
            2012 Q5
            2011 A5

Comment

Working...
            X