911 veyron hunter!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 veyron hunter!!

H&R is known the world over for their sport suspension and chassis components, as well as maintaining a prominent sponsoring presence with many motorsport teams. It is safe to say that H&R is a company on a mission. Back in August 2006 during a six hour endurance race at Nurburgring which ended in an early accident, the Mission 400 Plus project, was born. The foundation of the Mission 400 Plus project saw a cooperation between H&R and RS Tuning to build a record breaking 400 km/h street legal sports car. Later that year the 1054hp Porsche 911 Turbo prototype was presented at the Essen Motor Show.

Simultaneously, the 9ff engineers in Dortmund have been working hard on their own 400+ Porsche GT9 project. This 910+ hp Porsche 911 Turbo should, in theory, be able to beat the Veyron by 1,5 km/h in regards to top speed, but we won't find out until the GT9 actually hits the track at Nardo later this year. The official presentation of the GT9 will take place some time after Frankfurt.

After an initial surge of interest in these two projects, a new tidbit of information has sparked our curiosity once again. H&R has become a main sponsor of the 9ff GT9 while cutting its losses with RS Tuning. It is not entirely clear why H&R jumped ship, but rest assured the Veyron record will be challenged.

Re: 911 veyron hunter!!

Wow..... that is hideous.

Even if it can best the Veyron's top speed by a little bit, I doubt it will get there as quickly or be anywhere near as stable at that speed. And will it be able to run at that speed until the fuel runs dry like you can in the Veyron? Probably not. Can your average person just jump in the car, 100% the way it is when it rolls out of the showroom, and given enough road, bring he car to its top speed? I doubt it. This is why I don't understand these companies that are bent on trying to beat the Veyron with what are essentially tuner cars. The Veyron was designed from the ground up to be able to handle huge amounts of power and drive at 200mph+ speeds all day. BILLIONS of dollars and hundreds of thousands of man hours were spent developing the car to do be able to do this, and unless another company is willing to do the same thing, its just not going to be the same. I'm sorry, but throwing a few hunderd grand at a 911 or a Skyline (just examples) and saying "we are faster than the Veyron" just doesnt cut it in my books.
    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

nope i agree.. the modern wonder cars like the veyron are designed from the ground up to be a monster like you stated mike

even the m5 and rs4 have thier M/S buttons which enhance the driving!
      the veyron you have to put the key in the door,etc like on top gear!

Comment

looks like somebody slapped a nasty body kit on a last generation 240sx.

Present
        2010 Audi A4 S-Line
        2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
        2003 VW Jetta GLI
        1992 VW Jetta GL
        1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

9ff makes some very strange looking cars, but I do find those wheels interesting.
          Blair
          Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

agree nice wheels
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The exterior is definatly nice. Very nice color to
              The interior reminds me off all the interiors off of "Grease"
              Thats really old school (With the exception of the Carbon fiber)
              -Drew
              2001 "BORA" GLS 1.8T
              1990 Lincoln Continental

Comment

I wonder how something like that makes it thorugh the production process, it's like nobody wanted to speak up and say something.

Comment

Its a one off car built for high speed runs, maybe if you have enough money they will make you one but not like there will be lots of these around.
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

as they have said time and time again, "the veyron is the concorde moment of our generation"
                    Team Highschool
                    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Two cigarette lighters though, so when you're driving and need to light up, your passenger can light up at the SAME TIME!
                      KR
                      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                        Two cigarette lighters though, so when you're driving and need to light up, your passenger can light up at the SAME TIME!
                        .. or you can plug in both your laptop for diagnostics and your ipod
                        Simon

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
                          as they have said time and time again, "the veyron is the concorde moment of our generation"
                          impressive now, but doomed to a fiery end?
                          Last edited by stefan; 08-04-2007, 10:37 PM.
                          Stefan
                          -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                          -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                          -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                          -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                          X