New GT2 Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GT2 Shots

This summer, Porsche unveiled the 2008 911 GT2, which, at 530 horsepower, is the most powerful 911 ever homologated for the road. The automaker has since released 27 new images of the car, which we've added to our gallery.

The new GT2, based on the current rear-wheel-drive 997-series 911, will hit 62 miles per hour in just 3.7 seconds.

It uses Porsche's familiar 3.6-liter, six-cylinder, twin-turbo Boxer motor. Maximum horsepower is 530 horsepower, while torque is rated at 680 Nm (a little over 500 lb-ft). This trumps the standard Turbo by 50 horsepower, but the GT2 weighs considerably less since it's rear-wheel-drive, rather than all-wheel-drive. The GT2 weights 3,175 lbs.

In addition, the GT2 features Porsche's ceramic brakes as standard, Porsche Active Suspension Management and 19" light alloy wheels. Interestingly, this most powerful of Porsches still manages 22.6 imperial miles per gallon in the New European Driving Cycle tests, a very high number for a performance car.

U.S. pricing hasn't been announced, but GT2s will sticker at 159,100 euros when they go on sale in Germany in November.

2002 996TT
    2011 S5
    2004 S4 Avant

Re: New GT2 Shots

Droooooool...
    Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

Damn!!!! Found my new dream car!! That is the horniest 911 I've ever seen
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

The new 'Widow maker' looks great!!

explanation: The previous generation was dubbed the Widow maker beause the car is basically a street legal race car.. and most people who bought them weren't race drivers.. The car being a RWD Porsche with 500hp is quite tail-happy... and most couldnt control it!

Comment

I would def. prefer the control advantage of AWD when my rear engine porsche is putting down those kind of power figures!
          2002 996TT
          2011 S5
          2004 S4 Avant

Comment

i really like the interior.
            you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

I will be taking mine in red thanks.

Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
              X