Black/Carbon Brake Discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black/Carbon Brake Discs

I am thinking of upgrading my brakes on the Smart with some new pads and rotors and I see that you can get Black/Carbon rotors and wondered if anyone had any experience with these as I have never really seen them before, and thought they might look good with my dark scheme.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Black/Carbon Brake Discs

Those look nice... I've never seen them before.
    Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

Will they glow red when you work them hard?

Comment

If they are like the ones I got for the passat, the black comes off where the pad makes contact. The black stays where there isn't contact so it doesn't rust.

These could be something totally different though...
        Graeme

2015 S4
        2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

yeah i think its a simple rust proofing thing blair and doesn't stay black. If they catch fire adn glow that would be cool
          Team Highschool
          Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Yes that is exactly what it is, just checking on some prices to see if it is worth it or not, will probably at least get some pads to help with the freaking dust!
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
            X