Porsche Boxster Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Boxster Spyder

Porsche has released the first images and details about the 2010 Boxster Spyder.

Described as the "...purist form of the Porsche sports car - light, powerful, consistently open, and very efficient", the Spyder is powered by a 3.4-liter six-cylinder engine that produces 320 hp (10 hp more than the Boxster S). Backed up by the optional PDK (Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe) transmission, the Spyder accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 4.8 seconds before topping out at 267 km/h (166 mph) - with the roof down. If that isn't impressive enough, the roadster consumes just 9.3L/100km (30.4 mpg) in the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC).

To further maximize the Spyder's sporting prowess, Porsche put the car on a diet (it only weighs 1,275 kg / 2,811 lbs which makes it the lightest model in the Porsche lineup), lowered the center of gravity, and added an all-new sports suspension.

In terms of styling, the car features a unique soft top, extra-low side windows, and two rear deck lid bulges which are meant to resemble the ones used on the Carrera GT. Other design touches include modified front and rear bumpers, 10-spoke alloy wheels, and revised air intakes. Inside, the roadster boasts an exclusive interior with sport seats, 'Boxster Spyder' branded scuff plates, and a body-color center console.

Set to debut at the Los Angeles Motor Show, the Boxster Spyder will go on sale in February 2010 for €53,100 (€63,404 in Germany, after a 19 percent VAT and country-specific features are applied).

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Porsche Boxster Spyder

Wow, i figured from the first picture that it wouldn't look as awful with the roof down. Apparently not.
    Levi.W
    78 BMW 635CSi - Project
    91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

ew

Comment

I think it looks much better with the roof down than with the roof up. from the first picture, it looks like the roof is just a black tarp pinned on by buttons.
        Patryk
        Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
        08 VW .:R32
        04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

IMO this is a HUGE style improvement for the Boxster which was the Ugly Porsche for years. I'd take one of these!!!
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I'm with Kris... I kind of like it!
            Last edited by Circuits; 11-05-2009, 02:30 PM.
            Rob

2004 VW R32

Comment

yeah overall, I think it is far superior to the past generation boxters. I think this car would be beautiful if somehow they managed to do a hard top convertible.
              Patryk
              Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
              08 VW .:R32
              04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

I think it looks quite good. Strange interior door pulls though.
                Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna View Post
                  I think it looks quite good. Cheap interior door pulls though.
                  Fixed, they look like an afterthought.
                  Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                  2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Those door pulls are whack. I wouldn't say they are cheap. That would require some significant work to design and build. I think it is a cool idea, but not totally sure I would be ok with them on my expensive sports car.

Also want to see it with the windows up. I want to see how that roof/window interface works, and it looks strange.
                    Last edited by bonfire; 11-07-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Jeremy clarksons bit about it on top gear was hilarious.

Pat

His
                      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Originally posted by onceover View Post
                        Jeremy clarksons bit about it on top gear was hilarious.
                        Clarkson said something unfavorable about a Porsche?? /sarcasm
                        KR
                        Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

No AC, Stereo or power accessories is how they got the weight down.
                          2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                            No AC, Stereo or power accessories is how they got the weight down.
                            You can add any of those you can't live with back into the car as options at time of purchase. They are just not standard.
                            KR
                            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
                            X