2011 Porsche Cayenne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Porsche Cayenne

Porsche will put the next generation Porsche Cayenne for sale in Europe on May 8. This will follow the SUV's world debut in Geneva next week, and its North American debut at the New York International Auto Show at the end of March.

U.S. customers wanting to pick up the S or the Turbo will have to wait until July. The Cayenne and Cayenne S Hybrid will not hit the North American market until the fall. Each of these will be released as a 2011 model.

When the Porsche Cayenne is released in Europe it will have a starting price of €46,400. The diesel will retail for €49,900, the S for €60,900, S Hybrid for €65,900, and the Turbo for €96,900. These prices do not include taxes.

Porsche will use a 3.6-liter V6 engine producing 300 PS (221 kW / 296 hp) for the entry level model. The S-badged SUV uses a 4.8-liter V8 engine producing 400 PS (294 kW / 395 hp), while the Cayenne Turbo uses the same engine with an additional twin-turbo unit. With the turbo, it produces 500 PS (368 kW / 493 hp). Both V8 versions use 23% less fuel than the last version, while the V6 uses 20% less.

Meanwhile, the Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid makes use of a supercharged 333 PS (245 kW / 328 hp) 3.0-liter V6 engine and a 34 kW electric motor, to boost output to 380 PS (279 kW / 375 hp) and up to 580 Nm (428 lb-ft) of torque at 1,000 rpm. The hybrid is capable of short all-electric drives at speeds up to 40mph (64 km/h). Fuel economy was not revealed, though it produces just 193 grams of CO2 per kilometer. This makes the Cayenne S Hybrid the cleanest Porsche vehicle in their current catalogue.

Look for the next-generation Porsche Cayenne to have an available eight-speed Tiptronic S transmission, start/stop, and significant weight savings. This can be seen on the Cayenne S which is 181 kg (400 lbs) lighter than the current version. There are more details about the SUV in the adjoining press release.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2011 Porsche Cayenne

spoiler needs to go, interior is so sexy!

Comment

Rear lights are going to gave to grow on me a bit but the power vs. fuel savings is great news! #2 complaint next to some reliability problems was fuel consumption so that is great news!
      Tunerworks Performance Inc.
      Please email sales@tunerworks.com for pricing
      .: TUNERWORKSTORQUE .:. Blog .:. Facebook .:. FlickeFlu .:. Flickr .:. YouTube .:. Kijiji Clearance :.
      STaSIS / Eurojet / GIAC / HRE / Modulare / BBS / WORK / RENNTech / TechArt / Brabus / Akrapovic / AWE / Fabspeed / Milltek / Hotchkis / MEC Design / KW Suspension / Novitec / Kahn Design / QuickSilver / RSC / StopTech / Brembo / AP Racing / Vorsteiner & more!

Comment

Sexiest suv on the planet barnone
        Certified 3m installer
        jwukovits@me.com
        1-403-988-9012
        Instagram @Protectit
        I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
        2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
        2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

The headlights have something about them that really stand out to me. Looks really good. The taillights however have something about them that makes me think infinity or buick. I'd probably have to see it in person, but looks pretty good so far.
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

The front is very Panamera-esque.

Comment

really makes the old/current Cayenne look dated!

Comment

This is just fappable material for me.
                I want one for the wifey.
                | There is no replacement for Displacement | Go Big or Go Home |

Comment

yea i agree makes the current look like ****! and they are nice !!! hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                  X