Mercedes-Benz Shooting Break Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes-Benz Shooting Break Concept

Mercedes has used the 2010 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition to introduce a new four-door coupe concept hotly anticipated by many. The Mercedes-Benz Shooting Break concept is fitted with a new direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 306 horsepower (225 kW) and up to 370 Nm (273 ft-lb) of torque.

The concept car is a preview of the upcoming 2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS, a competitor to the Audi A7, BMW 5-Series GT, and Porsche Panamera. With a long hood, bulbous rear wheel arches, deeply cut styling across the car's side panels, and a swooping roofline, the concept is much better proportioned than the often-criticized 5er GT.

"The Shooting Break concept car is based on the great tradition of a stylish, cultivated sportiness which has always characterised the great Mercedes Coupés, and it takes this unique legacy an exciting step further," said Mercedes top designer Prof. Gorden Wagener in a press release. "At the same time it points the way towards the future design idiom of Mercedes-Benz."

Features on the concept include headlights made from 71 LEDs that out perform traditional lighting by giving the driver five different settings depending on condition. The lamps flank either side of the SLS AMG-styled radiator grille, and are set above large air intakes. The car rides on one-off five-spoke 20-inch silver wheels, which fit in well with the satin-finish allanite grey mango paint job.

Inside, the car makes good use of contrasting cream and brown leather, though a third leather shade needlessly creates a tri-color scheme. The use of the cream tone as the dominant color that carries into the headliner works to make the concept feel more spacious and comfortable. This is further accentuated by the large glass roof that extends over the heads of the rear passengers. Behind the rear seats are stylish storage units meant to fit items like a laptop or tool kit, with a drawback that they may be hard to reach. A flat wooden floor in back will make sliding luggage or golf clubs in and out of the car a bit easier.

While the Mercedes-Benz Shooting Break concept will be translated into a production version over the next year, so too will the engine and full-LED headlights. The efficient engine, fitted with stop/start, is already being prepped for future use, while the LED light scheme has been made to work with the Mercedes Adaptive Highbeam Assist system.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: Mercedes-Benz Shooting Break Concept

Interior is Ballin

exterior...............Meh
    Certified 3m installer
    jwukovits@me.com
    1-403-988-9012
    Instagram @Protectit
    I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
    2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
    2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

its like there is a hood under the hood.
      Stefan
      -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
      -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
      -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
      -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

The inside is nice but im not feeling the ouside. looks droopy.lol
        ~Tracy~
        MKV VW .:R32 // BMW E30 M-Tech II // Audi A4 Avant
        Instagram @tlarkus

Comment

i'm not feeling it

Comment

Something about this car makes me think if I got inside of it, I would get probed.....
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Interior=.....Exterior=
              Last edited by vee_dubbin; 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM.
              TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
              PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Interior is sick! Exterior is whack, hate that ******** under the hood.

Comment

I don't the mind the exterior that much, but it looks Japanese.
                  Levi.W
                  78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                  91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Is that a tramp stamp I spy?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                      its like there is a hood under the hood.
                      if you pay $100k+ for your wifes station wagon you dont want her getting under the hood anyway.

most new high end cars are like this now. you work on the engine yourself you void the warranty. and i dont really blame dealers anyway, the average person who buys toys like this are retarded to begin with
                      Team Highschool
                      Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

I don't like it, does not have clean lines like a traditional Merc.
                        But having said that, it was unveiled in China. So I think Merc are targeting that market and having the design style of the car suited towards it....
                        Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
                        2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
                        2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

fail
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X