No announcement yet.

Why do people sell their cars so soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people sell their cars so soon?

In my other thread about the 2012 privat sale Golf R, I also came across this on autotrader

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/C...a/19_5083510_/

Questions is: why people sell so fast? Financial trouble? Dont like it?

This car only has 700km and he took a 30K lost already!!!

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/C...a/19_5083510_/

Re: Why do people sell their cars so soon?

When I see stuff like this I think it is due to money, divorce or they won it.
    Last edited by Duby T; 03-18-2012, 10:45 PM.
    Tint sucks

Comment

That is my employee's car. Just never got into it and wants to try something else. He is looking at a 1m or cayenne instead.
      Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

I must be missing something:
        The full MSRP on a Cayman R is $75,000. The "sale" price on AutoTrader is $85,000.

Where do you get the losing $30,000 from?

It would seem to me that people sell their cars so soon because of 4 things:
        1) Money Issues; 2) Short-sighted automotive decision choices; 3) It's a piece of junk or 4) They think they can break-even or even make some money on it.
        Rob
        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

^^^ Or have a **** tone of disposable money and/or write it off anyways.

$75k + carbon fiber seats + color matched interior +++.........$75k is base price. When was the last time you bought a car that was bone stock base with no options?
          Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

I've seen tonnes of weird car decisions. I have seen a customer (not mine) purchase a 2011 Jetta TDI Comfortline and trade it back in 2 days later for a Highline. Another guy baught a Pontiac Solstice and traded it back in the next day for a beetle coupe... Bizarre.. However, most of the time, there is a geniune reason for the trade -- Job change, Divorce, Threat of divorce, Moving out of the country etc..
            sigpicMark Terrio-Cameron and Southland Volkswagen - Call (403) 581 6875 or PM me for a great deal on you're next VW

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
              I must be missing something:
              The full MSRP on a Cayman R is $75,000. The "sale" price on AutoTrader is $85,000.

Where do you get the losing $30,000 from?

It would seem to me that people sell their cars so soon because of 4 things:
              1) Money Issues; 2) Short-sighted automotive decision choices; 3) It's a piece of junk or 4) They think they can break-even or even make some money on it.
              In the ad, he said he paid $110k for it

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                $75k + carbon fiber seats + color matched interior +++.........$75k is base price. When was the last time you bought a car that was bone stock base with no options?
                I get that. But Fully load up a Cayman R, you're at $90,000. Add in taxes your at say $95,000. Not sure what all else this ride has but I'm still not getting to $110,000. Must be some other goodies I'm missing. If it really was $110,000 in total on purchase then yeah... $85,000 is fair.

She's a sweet ride for sure. I'm still shocked that top of the line Cayman's are now in $110K+ territory. Wow.

I suppose I'll be waiting til 2016 before I can afford one!
                Rob

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

They are sweet seats. Anyone with $70,000 I can borrow?!
                  http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ359074128
                  Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X