Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTD: porsche o files - who is a good tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD: porsche o files - who is a good tuner?

We are looking to expand our supercharger project, and a 911 is what the doctor ordered. It's insanely tightly packed back there, and the people who want power, don't want that much, or they would buy a 911 turbo. so there may be an opportunity for our product.

The thing is, I need to find someone who can help advise which model to buy, for tuning (if required) and for general advise developing a kit for them.

Q1
    who would be good for that in town?

Q2
    Which is the best base model for it? I am thinking the aircooled for now, as our product doesn't generate much heat, etc. But the market could be huge for a water cooled one.
    The "bible" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911 doesn't talk about maf sensor/fuel injectors, or the like. I can't seem to find much about the computer and if there is a maf etc.

Gerry

Re: WTD: porsche o files - who is a good tuner?

Are you in Calgary? If so: Riegel Tuning is probably the #1 tuning shop for just Porsche. Alpine Autowerks does a fair amount of Porsches especially older ones. Turnerworks does sell a lot of stuff to Porsche people.

To be honest I don't think many aircooled Porsche people are going to want to mod their engine in any way. You have to realize most of these people are purists, that's why they own aircooled Porches. They are not looking for speed.

There might be a market in the 996 or 997 models (water cooled) especially people who bought the base Carrera rather than the S.
    Last edited by Kor; 03-29-2012, 08:25 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
      They are not looking for speed.

Your probably right though. Not too sure any porsche owner would add an electric supercharger to their car. Not that the product doesn't work but just the idea behind it!
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

I think the 996 platform would be the best as they are the most accessible and probably the most modded platform too.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Well most people who have a 964 or something could buy a faster car for the money - more important is that the car is in original condition etc.

I would agree 996 platform is the most modded, if you could undercut the price point of current supercharger solutions for the 996 Carrera then I am sure there is a market there. The 996 engine is basically an unexceptional mid 90's water cooled engine so all the typical things apply, fuel injected, ECU, etc.
          Last edited by Kor; 03-30-2012, 08:29 AM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
          X