2014 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Black Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Black Series

Following yesterday’s teaser, Mercedes-Benz has officially revealed the 2014 SLS AMG Black Series that will go on sale in June 2013.

Just like other Black Series models, this SLS AMG brings more power, less weight and improved aerodynamics. Under the hood is the same V8 6.2-liter engine that can now rev to 8,000 rpm and produce 622 hp (464 kW) compared to the standard SLS AMG GT with 583 hp (435 kW). Modifications include a new air intake, camshafts, improved oil and water cooling and additional pressure tweaks. The torque figure is down from 479 lb-ft (648 Nm) to 468 lb-ft (634 Nm).

Increased power and a weight reduction have slashed 0.2 seconds from the 0-62 mph (100 km/h) sprint time as the SLS AMG Black Series can do it in just 3.6 seconds, en route to a top speed of 196 mph (315 km/h). The supercar is able to return 20.6 mpg UK (17 mpg US or 13.7 liters / 100 km) and has CO2 emissions of 321 g/km.

Design-wise, the SLS AMG Black Series has borrowed some of the styling cues seen first on the GT3 version, with 20mm and 24mm wider front and rear tracks, respectively. It comes with 20-inch lightweight forged alloy wheels with standard carbon ceramic brakes (an 8,140 GBP option for the regular SLS).

The front splitter, side skirts and the large rear diffuser are made from carbon fiber. The latter incorporates the quad tailpipes, while the titanium-made exhaust system weighs only 17 kg (37 pounds), making it 13 kg (28 pounds) lighter than the standard version. All those weight-saving measures have lowered the car’s weight to 1550 kg (3417 pounds), a full 70 kg (154 pounds) less than the regular SLS AMG GT.

Mercedes-Benz is offering an optional carbon fiber aero pack that includes an adjustable rear wing and front dive planes which should create more downforce and improve high-speed stability. Other highlights are the new electronic locking differential and a carbon fiber driveshaft. Adaptive sports suspension and launch control are also part of the package.

Moving inside the cabin there is a carbon center console and lightweight sports seats (15 kg lighter) and the Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel. 6 kg (13 lbs) were shaved off by removing the COMAND multimedia system, while an additional 8 kg (17 lbs) removal was possible by switching to a lithium-ion battery for starting the vehicle.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2014 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Black Series

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous

Comment

why do some of the shots look like things were made with ms paint? the brakes look fake as ****.. maybe its my macbooks retina display :/

pretty bad ass tho!

Comment

needs to be wider like the other black series models
        ~~TODD~~
        '12 x5 35d fully deleted (DUDMD Stg2)

Comment

Hot as f*ck!!!
          Patryk
          Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
          08 VW .:R32
          04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

O m g
            sigpic

<<<Ben>>>

Present:
            His: 2008 Cayenne Turbo
            Hers: 2012 Ibis White Q5
            Past:
            B7 A4 Avant 6MT Black
            B7 A4 Avant 6MT Silver
            2004 .:R32 BMP
            2001.5 Noggy blue s4
            2000 VW GTI 1.8T
            1997 VW Jetta VR6

Comment

needs carbon air boxes
              2002 VW Golf GT TDI
              2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

i drove with an sl65 black this summer.. that car boner'd every driver in a 10 mile radius!

Comment

I don't like it
                  I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Looks great!
                    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Why is it yellow
                      I'd like to make a statment!
                      2012 Q5
                      2011 A5

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                        i drove with an sl65 black this summer.. that car boner'd every driver in a 10 mile radius!
                        LOL...I was lucky enuf to drive an SL63 AMG biturbo V12 a few years ago...I've never felt that acceleration with 4 wheels before...and the braking was unexplainable!!!
                        Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
                        Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis View Post
                          I don't like it
                          +1.
                          Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

Quick video.

Blair
                            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I don't know what it is with recent Mercedes styling, but I just don't like it. I didn't like the look of the SLS to begin with and this hasn't really helped.
                              Levi.W
                              78 BMW 635CSi - Project
                              91 Mercedes 190E 2.6 - Daily

Comment

Working...
                              X