Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Porsche Cayman Revealed

Some more info and pics:

Essentially a Boxster coupe, the Cayman has familiar styling but is distinguished by unique fog lights and an aluminum hatch that has an integrated spoiler which is higher and deploys at a steeper angle than the one on the Boxster.

The interior carries over from its corporate cousin which isn't a bad thing considering it boasts high quality materials and an elegant design. As part of the change the model is available with several new options including Adaptive Cruise Control, a Burmester audio system and a keyless Entry & Drive system.

The entry-level Cayman is powered by a 2.7-liter flat six engine that develops 275 HP (202 kW). It enables the model to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.4 seconds, before hitting a top speed of 266 km/h (165 mph). In terms of efficiency owners can expect to average between 7.7 L/100 km and 8.2 L/100 km.

The Cayman S, on the other hand, has a 3.4-liter flat six engine with 325 HP (239 kW). Thanks to the extra oomph, the car runs from 0-100 km/h in 4.7 seconds and has a top speed of 283 km/h (176 mph). Unfortunately the added performance punishes you at the pump as the car averages between 8.0 L/100 km and 8.8 L/100 km.

The model will go on sale in Europe next March and German pricing starts at €51,385 for the Cayman and €64,118 for the Cayman S (both prices including a 19% VAT). U.S. sales are slated to begin next spring and prices start at $52,600 and $63,800 respectively.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Shouldn't be a surprise given the success of the first one; Autoblog named this best in show in LA.

Once again also eclipsing the 911 in many eyes - "..the Cayman is the Porsche to buy. You heard right. Not the 911 – the Cayman. And with a choice of two new engines nestled behind those seats, better road-hugging mechanicals, and quite frankly, damn good looks, that isn't really logic one can argue with..."
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I think the new design is great, I like the way the Cayman, Boxster and 911 is moving. Maybe they will follow the same trend when they redesign the Panamera.
        Current: Golf R and a corporate lease nobody cares about

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedys View Post
            I think the new design is great, I like the way the Cayman, Boxster and 911 is moving. Maybe they will follow the same trend when they redesign the Panamera.
            Better yet, just cancel it!
            GT3071R and more...

Comment

That looks amazing!!! I love the new look.

The front end kinda reminds me of the Ferrari California.
              Tint sucks

Comment

Porsche just took the wraps off the redesigned Cayman, but that hasn't stopped rumors of an upcoming Turbo variant.

Slated to debut at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, the Cayman Turbo will reportedly usher in the company's four-cylinder engine. Said to displace 2.5-liters, the turbocharged boxer unit will reportedly have an output in excess of 350 HP (257 kW) and 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) of torque - 25 HP (18 kW) and 130 Nm (96 lb-ft) more than the Cayman S. The engine could be connected exclusively to a PDK transmission, so expect the car to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in less than 4.9 seconds.

The engine could eventually be offered in the Boxster and 911, but nothing is official as of yet.
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
                X