2014 Mercedes Benz CLA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Mercedes Benz CLA

Mercedes has officially unveiled the 2014 CLA, ahead of its debut at the North American International Auto Show.

Previewed by the Concept Style Coupe, the production model is an elegant sedan that features a prominent grille, a sloping roofline and a sporty rear end with a dual exhaust system. Overall, the car measures 182.3 inches long, 80.0 inches wide and 56.6 inches tall.

The swoopy styling - as well as underbody cladding and an aerodynamically-optimized muffler - enables the model to have an impressive drag coefficient of 0.23. The company claims this sets "a new benchmark among not only Mercedes models, but also all series-production vehicles."

The cabin is heavily influenced by the A-Class and comes nicely equipped with piano black trim, silver accents and a 5.8-inch display. The model also features the mbrace2 connectivity system which enables users to access an extensive range of online concierge services and apps.

If that's not impressive enough, Mercedes offers an optional panorama sunroof as well as a Multimedia package that adds the COMMAND infotainment system and GPS navigation. Customers can also order the Premium package which features heated front seats, dual-zone climate control and a harman/kardon audio system.

In the United States, the model will be offered with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder petrol engine that develops 208 bhp (155 kW) and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of torque. It will be connected to a seven-speed dual clutch transmission which can be paired to an optional all-wheel drive system.

As expected, the model rides on the MFA platform which has a McPherson strut front suspension and a multilink independent rear suspension. The CLA also has an electromechanical power steering system as well as a "flexible decoupling of the rear axle sub-frame for improved ride characteristics."

The Mercedes CLA will go on sale in the United States this September and pricing will be announced closer to launch.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2014 Mercedes Benz CLA

I like it. Still has the overall shape of the CLS, but the tail end looks much nicer now!
    Patryk
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

big fan of the new rear-end, and the interior looks beautiful, but not really a fan of the new grill.
      Dubwerkz -
      E36 325i - Sold.
      E36 328is - Sold.
      TR MKIV GTI 1.8T - Daily.
      www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

This is not replacing the CLS this is the new baby, small version of that style of car and looking at the dimensions it is close in size to a C-Class sedan for overall length and height.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Horrible!
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

oh wow. didnt realize its gonna be the size of a c class. Pics are definitely deceiving!
            Patryk
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

To me the front end looks like a kid with his face pressed up against a pane of glass....... It's just flat.
              Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
              2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Originally posted by BaggedGLI View Post
                To me the front end looks like a kid with his face pressed up against a pane of glass....... It's just flat.
                Agreed.
                Dubwerkz -
                E36 325i - Sold.
                E36 328is - Sold.
                www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

CLA45 AMG; 345hp, $43k to start, AWD? A top Calgary daily for sure!

http://www.beyond.ca/ny-auto-show-pr...amg/24346.html

PURPLE!:

Fly with me on Instagram!:/:Travel Blog Tickle Your Fancy? Click This!:/:YouTube

Don

sigpic

Comment

^ like.
                    Dubwerkz -
                    E36 325i - Sold.
                    E36 328is - Sold.
                    www.ctsturbo.com

Comment

I like it. All angles look really good to me. I'm a fan of smaller cars over big sedans though, so maybe I'm biased. But I'd definatly buy one if in a position.

Comment

I still can't get over the rear half of the car. The taillights are horrible.
                        MK5 .:R32 - Aston

Comment

This should put some pressure on Audi for the upcoming S3/RS3 sedans.
                          Blair

Comment

i like it!!
                            Current:
                            2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion DSG
                            2013 VW Jetta 2.5
                            Past:
                            2005 VW JTI 1.8T
                            1993 VW Jetta 2.0
                            1996 VW GTI VR6

1991 Ford F150 4X4
                            1989 Nissan Kingcab 2WD
                            1983 Buick Skylark

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
                              This should put some pressure on Audi for the upcoming S3/RS3 sedans.
                              cannot wait for these!!

Comment

Working...
                              X