This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 991 Porsche Turbo Debut

For the standard Turbo, the result is 520 horsepower, a 0-60 miles per hour sprint of 3.2 seconds and a top speed of 196 mph. Not quick enough you say? Well, Porsche will also happily sell you a Turbo S with 560 horsepower, 0-60 mph in just 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 198 mph. All that engine power is managed by Porsche's seven-speed PDK dual-clutch gearbox, which would seem to be the only available transmission for the Turbo.

Porsche has created a supercar-like wide body for this generation of Turbo; the new model is 1.1-inches wider than a Carrera 4 with hugely flared rear fenders.

When a $950 destination charge is factored in, the Turbo model will start at $149,250, while the Turbo S asks $182,050.

KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Re: 2014 991 Porsche Turbo Debut

Personally disappointed that this car has, like the GT3, lost the option for a manual transmission. I can alsmost understand it for the GT3 which is focused on pure performance and making no compromise to get the best track time and experience. But for the Turbo, its a road car being driven largely by enthusiasts who don't necessarily give a damn how fast it goes around the Nurburgring.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Booooooo!!!!!!! I had high hopes porsche would at least offer a manual in this car!!!
      Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
      -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
      -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Get over it guys. They dont see the point as anyone with $180,000 to burn does not go down the option check list and say oh sweet a slow option ,,, ill take that !!!!!
        Last edited by turbomeyers; 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

[deleted]

If you say so.
          Last edited by Kor; 05-03-2013, 09:47 AM.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Love the rear haunches, reminds me of the GT1.

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
            Get over it guys. They dont see the point as anyone with $180,000 to burn does not go down the option check list and say oh sweet a slow option ,,, ill take that !!!!!
            Sorry, Chris I gotta call bullsh!t. People didn't whine about a Ford GT not having an option for autotragic, or about a Saleen S7 being so rough it'll remove your fillings. They bought the car for the Le Mans heritage and the essence of rowing gears like their heroes. Same thing with the Carrera GT... no ABS, no TC no nothing. They sold every damn one. Yet Ferrari was only offering flappy paddles in the Enzo, and while they didn't have issues selling out the McLaren SLR did.

People with money, while they don't always have taste (purple hummers yo!), at least know what they want to spend their cash on.
            Last edited by PRY4SNO; 05-03-2013, 09:54 AM. Reason: nazi language censor
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

Candy White 2010 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI 6 speed /// #farmenwagen
            Indigo Pearl Effect 1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            Brilliant Black 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

Comment

You're so hung up on the acceleration/speed factor. I don't know why you don't understand its not all about that!!!!!!
              Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
              -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
              -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Who gives a **** how fast your car is. How fast does your car feel to you? It's about driver experience, not just about going fast.

I will never own something with a flabby paddle dual clutch autotragic as my drivers car. I have the Passat as a winter car, it's auto, but that's fine. It's not my "lets go out on an enjoyable cruise" car.

I will say the car looks pretty awesome, and if I had the money, I would have considered it with a stick. But now, wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
                Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

sorry you never learned how to drive stick?
                  you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

I think its funny that you say performance isn't everything ... the engineers at Porsche would shoot you ... they would be like than what the hell is the point. Performance in a super car
                    is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... You are saying this gorgeous 2.9 0-60 monster that can still handle a traffic jam , a shame because they wont offer a manual... . I dont get it .
                    I am hung up on the performance. No $hit. PEOPLE THIS IS THE FLAG SHIP PORSCHE SUPER CAR ......HOW MUCH MORE HUNG UP ON PERFORMANCE SHOULD A GUY BE BUT ON THIS CAR.
                    PORSCHE good job. 85% of porches (or 85% 911s ) is sold with PDK now.So lets look at this realistically ... The Car is launching and you need to pay attention to the monster acceleration and then shift at the appropriate time .(im sure continuous rev limit bounces are good for this engine ) then react to the stability management being turned off because you are all clearly better that that too .Then the car breaks loose but hey gotta keep that mind headed over to that shifter, as we love to hold a shaft in our hand . (you guys cant comprehend the power here ... its almost dangerous to allow a normal person to own) , so you basically have a "pure coffin" for you purists out there. They will offer the manual in the low end cars so you can all feel like paul walker and grab that man stick . but i agree dont offer this car in a manual .Keep the rich guy alive so we can continue to see these cars in the future .
                    Also back end is amazing ... so 968
                    sigpic

Comment

porsche is about performance and driving experience. take away some of the experience and it doesn't matter what numbers it has. now take away some of the performance and you still have the perfect car.
                      you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
                        Love the rear haunches, reminds me of the GT1.

Sorry, Chris I gotta call bullsh!t. People didn't whine about a Ford GT not having an option for autotragic, or about a Saleen S7 being so rough it'll remove your fillings. They bought the car for the Le Mans heritage and the essence of rowing gears like their heroes. Same thing with the Carrera GT... no ABS, no TC no nothing. They sold every damn one. Yet Ferrari was only offering flappy paddles in the Enzo, and while they didn't have issues selling out the McLaren SLR did.

People with money, while they don't always have taste (purple hummers yo!), at least know what they want to spend their cash on.
                        If they could have offerd the gt in a pdk it would have out sold the manual . This 911 will stomp the carrera gt. The enzo had a single clutch system And ferrari knew there clients would need the best for that car (also why Ferrari will not be offering manuals in anything soon) , the macleren was a slush box .And over priced
                        sigpic

Comment

you know what . go get an old Porsche as that's the only pure experience .Or a miata got decent performance lots of experience i think .This is stupid .Im glad i have the auto industry on my side lol
                          sigpic

Comment

feel like paul walker and grab that man stick
                            haha i chuckled when i read this lol.

like in previous threads that argue this over and over.... i agree with both sides to an extent. for example: last night i drove scotts mk6 (dsg 2.0T stg2) and jim's mk6 (manual 2.5). Although scotts car is soo fast, i think i still enjoyed driving jim's car more just because it had the third pedal and "man stick". you will never get the perfect shift that you get in scotts car (which actually makes it so fast) with a manual transmission. but i just enjoyed it more with the left foot involved.

i get it in the flagship super car should have the automatic trans because it just puts the power down so smoothly and makes it that much faster. in the end, automatic transmissions these days will always beat a manual around a track.

Comment

right but a gti and a golf are not enugh power to make the point (in a peppy car i can agree with you guys a manual is more fun ,slower but kinda fun) but the power of This 911 ERMAGERRRRD
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X