Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those that complained about 991 GT3 & Turbo and no Manual Option.....watch this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam_wmh
    replied
    Re: For those that complained about 991 GT3 & Turbo and no Manual Option.....watch th

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
    i dont know where you got 20 years from.

996 GT3 Mk1 - 1999 to 2001
    996 GT3 RS - 2003 to 2004
    996 GT3 MK2 - 2003 to 2005
    997 GT3 Mk1 - 2006 to 2009
    997 GT3 Mk2 - 2009 to 2011
    991 GT3 MK1 - 2013 release

The 996 ran for 6 years, the 997 ran for 5 years, I see absolutely no reason why all of a sudden the 991 would jump to 20 years, nor would i want a car to last that long as the styling and everything would be completely outdated.
    LOL. You need a midol.

I knew it was a long time. Not 20, but 14.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/27/p...ed-turbo-engi/

Leave a comment:

• kujiwara
    replied
    Re: For those that complained about 991 GT3 & Turbo and no Manual Option.....watch th

Just curious why did the number go down..... But hey, when the Non skyline GTR came out it didn't have a manual people kinda complained about too but eventually everybody loves the car now. I think it just takes time for Porsche owners to get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• GINCH
    replied

I think he probably meant the platform, not the 991 designation!

Leave a comment:

• RONDAL
    replied

Originally posted by cam_wmh View Post
    I agree with him thinking 3 to 4 PDK 991GT3 buyer, for every 1 manual 991GT3 buyer & thus the financial reasoning absolutely makes sense for Porsche.

It'd be cool if they released a manual GT3 version in the years to come, as from what I recall the 991 chassis has life of 20 years.
    i dont know where you got 20 years from.

996 GT3 Mk1 - 1999 to 2001
    996 GT3 RS - 2003 to 2004
    996 GT3 MK2 - 2003 to 2005
    997 GT3 Mk1 - 2006 to 2009
    997 GT3 Mk2 - 2009 to 2011
    991 GT3 MK1 - 2013 release

The 996 ran for 6 years, the 997 ran for 5 years, I see absolutely no reason why all of a sudden the 991 would jump to 20 years, nor would i want a car to last that long as the styling and everything would be completely outdated.

Leave a comment:

• JPO
    replied

I want to change my own gears; I don't give two sh1ts about absolute max efficiency or blah blah.

But f0ck me that car shifts fast. It is actually almost laughable how fast. Not even a decent DSG fart un upshifts it's so fast..

Leave a comment:

• cam_wmh
    replied

I agree with him thinking 3 to 4 PDK 991GT3 buyer, for every 1 manual 991GT3 buyer & thus the financial reasoning absolutely makes sense for Porsche.

It'd be cool if they released a manual GT3 version in the years to come, as from what I recall the 991 chassis has life of 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• RONDAL
    replied

agree with you 100% blair.
    i'm sure porsche did the numbers on this, like they do with everything, and dropping the 6spd was not only going to be better in terms of production costs and reliability, but bring more people into the car itself.

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Turbo
    replied

I understand the gripes about the transmission but the PDK seems to take this car from a less practical machine to an epic daily option with the ability to track and enjoy the country roads thoroughly, and for the record those wheels are just stunning!
    Last edited by Canadian Turbo; 06-13-2013, 07:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PRY4SNO
    replied

Yeah Mr. Harris basically opined what we all said in the thread that got locked.

Looks awesome to drive though. Just wish that it had the option to manually swap cogs. You know, to feed my fantasies.

On another note.

This is an ideal car to turbo and go hunting Alpha12 GTRs.

Leave a comment:

• kujiwara
    replied

I like it. Everything needs to evolve.

Leave a comment:

• For those that complained about 991 GT3 & Turbo and no Manual Option.....watch this

Finally some journalists are actually getting hands on the cars and reviews are starting to come in.

I think he covers the issue perfectly.
Working...
X