2015/16 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015/16 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Both the sedan and estate will be offered in C63 AMG and C63 AMG S flavors with power coming from a newly developed V8 4.0-liter twin-turbo engine. In the C63 AMG it develops 476 HP (350 kW) between 5,500 rpm and 6,250 rpm and a maximum torque of 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) available in the 1,750 rpm and 4,500 rpm range. Upgrade to the C63 AMG S and you get 510 HP (375 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) in the same rpm ranges.

In terms of performance, the C63 AMG Sedan needs 4.1 seconds until 62 mph (100 km/h) whereas the Estate is 0.1s slower. The C63 AMG S Sedan covers the run in 4 seconds compared to its wagon sibling which does it in 4.1 seconds. A 155 mph (250 km/h) electronic limiter will be installed in all four versions.

Power is channeled to the wheels through an AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission which promises to be faster than before, especially in manual and Sport+ modes where it brings an improved response via hardware and software optimization. Mercedes-Benz says that even the aluminum shift paddles on the steering wheel are quicker than before.

The C63 AMG comes with a rear mechanical locking differential whereas the C63 AMG S is equipped with an electronic rear locking differential while an optional performance exhaust system will be available for both versions. The C63 AMG S also has dynamic engine mounts sourced from the AMG GT that can adapt their stiffness in fractions of a second depending on the driving conditions and style.

18-inch ten-spoke alloy wheels with a titanium grey finish are installed on the C63 AMG whereas the C63 AMG S has larger 19-inch rims featuring a five twin-spoke design and a titanium grey polished look. The C63 AMG S can also be had with optional ceramic composite brakes and sport tires.
    Mercedes-Benz will be offering an "Edition 1" of both variants that will be available with the following exterior paints: polar white, palladium silver metallic, iridium silver metallic, designo diamond white bright, obsidian black metallic and the AMG-only designo iridium silver magno. The Edition 1 gets 19-inch cross-spoke alloys and a night package bringing several elements in high-gloss black.

The C63 AMG / C63 AMG S Edition 1 will also be distinguished by red accents on the wing mirrors and radiator grille, black chromed exhaust pipes, matte graphite grey sport stripes above the sill cladding along with other similar enhancements on the inside.

All four flavors of the C63 AMG will be shown starting October 2 at the Paris Motor Show where Mercedes-Benz will also bring the AMG GT.

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: 2015/16 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

i reserve full judgement til i see one in person but i think i like the outgoing model better.. this one doesn't seem as aggressive to me

the interior is sick tho! wagon is better looking than the sedan.

Comment

I agree with absolutely everything Ryan said!
      Patryk
      Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 340is ///M-Tech II - Under construction
      08 VW .:R32
      04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

Have been reading about these on MBWorld. Not at all impressed. They toned it down too much with the soft lines, and apparently it will lack the AMG growl that we know and love. And it won't hold up to the M3/M4 in a straight line even.

Those seats don't look very comfy. They are almost like my AMG seats minus 40% of the padding...

Power wise, they can be tuned to 600+ hp very easily. Which is always a plus!

At least now I don't have a valid excuse to upgrade mine xD
        Last edited by ToXicXxX; 09-24-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Only thing I actually like are the seats!
          Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
          -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
          -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Lookin kinda Hyundai-ish
            Last edited by Mitcheh; 09-24-2014, 12:00 PM.
            I'd like to make a statment!
            2012 Q5
            2011 A5

Comment

Ew

Comment

Originally posted by R_Ethug View Post
                but i think i like the outgoing model better.. this one doesn't seem as aggressive to me
                Agreed.

the interior is sick tho!
                Agreed.

wagon is better looking than the sedan.
                Would still rather have an Audi wagon.
                Rob
                Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
                Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Working...
                X